Chapter 30: Iron rusts

Yes guys. Here is chapter 30.

Isn't Red the sweetest little thing? I made him even more adorable than I'd planned!

And I know some of you are surprised but yes, there is another major twist to this story coming. I won't spoil it but know that, as of now there are still about 7 other chapters planned for this story. A lot of things can happen in seven chapters...

There was a noise. A faint, distant noise that felt like it had made its way to him after traveling a very long distance. It sounded like everything and nothing at the same time.

It resounded again at some point, slightly closer but still muffled and incomprehensible. He started to feel something. A dull ache, the location of it he couldn't pinpoint. The noise came again and it sounded like... words? Was someone talking? There was a faint smell lingering around. Something like a cleaning product.

Slowly, one by one, new sensations came to him. The noise got closer and closer, clearer and clearer and eventually, his clouded mind could tell it was calling to him. It was calling... his name?

He felt the pain getting a little more intense. He felt a soft surface beneath him. He was lying down on something soft. He felt the air entering and leaving his lungs. The vague generalized pain became more and more precise. Somewhere he recognized as his forearm; somewhere he recognized as the back of his head; his lower back... There was a tingling sensation, like a multitude of small electric shocks, in his legs.

Startled by the sudden discomfort, he tried to seek refuge back into the dark abyss but something was pulling him towards the surface. Towards the light.

"Blue!" a voice called his name. Yes... That was his name. He could hear it now, though it was still slightly muffled, he could tell someone was talking to him. He felt a light tap on his cheek. He tried to ignore it. He felt the tap again, persistent and annoying. Leave me alone... was the first coherent thought he managed to have.

"Blue!" the voice kept repeating, someone still tapping his cheek.

Blue tried to swat it away but a sharp vivid pain in his shoulder stopped him in his tracks. He tried with his other arm, with the same result. He tried to move his head away from the annoyance but there was something around his neck that prevented its movement. What the hell!?

Blue finally opened his eyes slowly, the white light momentarily blinding him. Confused and disoriented, he felt like there was a noose around his neck, choking him. He flexed his fingers, feeling them tighten around sheets of some sort, trying to regain the control of his body and he eventually managed to lift at least his forearms to try and tear what his foggy mind perceived as an immediate threat to his life: whatever it was that was wrapped around his neck. To his horror, his fingers met with smooth plastic his fingertips slid uselessly on; nothing he was able to grasp.

Blinded and working himself into a panic, Blue tried to sit up but again, there was something rigid encasing his midsection, pinning him down. His back felt stiff as if he'd been lying down on concrete for a very long time. Breathing erratically, pain burning across his whole torso, Blue tried to struggle against the invisible hold. He tried to kick his legs but they wouldn't move. He could feel nothing except the tingling sensation. Now completely terrified and unable to comprehend the situation he was in, Blue tried to scream but nothing came out but a small whimper. His fingers still uselessly slipping on the smooth surface of the thing holding his neck, he was stuck in a state of primal fear. He felt like he was drowning.

When hands grabbed his arms and pinned them down to his sides, it did nothing to help calm him down and despite the pain, he struggled twice as hard against the restraints.