Chapter 2

September 21, 2014

We walk into the school. We look around. I see some familiar faces, but not many. We were a small school. I see a couple guys scouting me and my friends out. All the girls were practically drooling over Ty. He winks and grins at the girls, and they swoon. I have to physically stop myself from gagging.

One particular girl catches my interest. I mean, sure, she's staring intently, but not at Ty. She's staring at me, and it is NOT a friendly stare. I turn to Jill.

"Do you know that girl over there?" I ask as we reach our lockers. Nat and Mac stopped a while back. Luckly, we are all in the same homeroom, so we are all in the same general area, but it's alphabetical.

Nat's last name is Benton, and Mac's is Carlatile. Mine is Robins, Jill's is Rodrickson, and Ty's is Quinn.

When we get there, I nod over to the girl. Jill shakes her head.

"Ty, have you ever seen-" I say, but once I see him, I know it's useless trying to talk to him. Ten, at least, girls are fawning all over him.

"So much for something new." Jill mutters. I chuckle and shake my head.

"Deploy Project Girlfriend?" I ask.

"Sure, but I did it last time, it's your turn." She says. I sigh and walk over to him.

"Ty, sweetie." I say, elbowing my way in. I latch onto his arm and death grip it. "We have a class to get to, hot stuff." He turns to look at me, and grins big.

"Sure thing babe." He says. He leans down and kisses me on the cheek. I blush and smile at the girls. "Later, ladies." He says as we walk away.

He chuckles. "Ya know, for someone who has repeatedly told me she doesn't like me, you're awfully clingy."

"I need answers, Dumbo. And kiss me again and it'll be the last thing you do." I say, letting go of his arm. "I need to know, do you know that girl over there?" I say, pointing at her. We reach the others and I say, "No one else knows her, I'm positive I've never met her before in my life, yet she's giving me the evil eye."

"Hm. Sorry, never met her. Sure the evil eye was for you?" He asks.

I nod. "Positive. But I don't know why."

"Then why don't we ask her?" Mac says. She walks over to the girl that is still staring me down.

"Oh no." Nat sighs. We all follow after her.

"Hey, you." Mac says. The girl turns her glare on her. "Why you giving my friend here the stink eye? She's never met you before in her life. Why you so pissed?"

The girl sneers at her. "I would hardly expect you to understand. You look like the crossbreed of a monkey and a caveman." She says in a snooty voice. Mac raises one eyebrow at her. She turns to me, and if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under. "Why don't you tell your friends who I really am, or are just gonna chicken out like you always do."

"Um, I'm sorry, but I've actually never met you before. My name's-"

"I know who you are. You're Lily Robins. And you know me, you little, ugh. Don't even want to say it." She says. She turns to my friends and tosses her blonde hair over her shoulder. "I'm Tiffani Van Hessack. Remember the name and you'll get far. Don't and I'll make you regret it." She says, running her hand over Ty's chin. "Tata, and watch your back, Lily." She says, walking away.

They turn to look at me. I shrug. "Don't look at me, I don't know her."

"Ugh, I feel weird. Her nails were weird." Ty says as we walk to our first class.