Chapter 6

December 2, 2014

"Hey guys, listen to this!" Mac says, running up to us. We are all sitting at a library table. Jill is doing homework, shocker, Nat's texting, even bigger shocker, and Ty and I are in a heated conversation about which teacher was the worst.

"Shhh!" A library assistant, Mary, says as she walked past, shelving books.

"Sorry." Mac says quieter. "It's a newsletter I got in my locker. It's a notification for a club invite. Listen, it says, 'Mackenzie, I would like to inform you that you have been accepted into a very prestigious club at our school. We will have our first meeting in several days time, roughly the 8th of January. We look forward to seeing you there.' Weird huh?"

"Yeah, it is. Especially because I got one just like that. Who do you think is sending them?" Jill says.

"No way, me too." Nat says, actually looking up from her phone. "I don't know who sent it, but they knew my locker number, days I had off and everything. What about you two?" She said, pointing to me and Ty.

I shake my head, and Ty shrugs and says no. We head to our lockers and talk about who it could be, and what they could want. When we open our lockers though, something falls out of Ty's locker. He picks it up, unfolds it, and shows it to us. It's an invite to the same club. We search my locker, but I just didn't get one.

"Seriously?" I ask as we walk away. "First no super powers, now no invite? Bull crap."

"C'est la vie." Jill says, opening a book.

"Eso si que es." Nat says, answering a text.

"Das Leben geht weiter." Mac says, skipping a little.

"Vad kan du göra?" Ty says, wrapping an arm around me.

"If I wasn't freezing, you'd be dead right now. So let me get this straight." I say. "That is life, It is what it is, Life goes on, and What can you do? I hate you all." I say shaking my head.

We head to Jill's house, or should I say mansion! I love it here, and I'm here enough, every person on the staff knows me on a first name basis.

"Madam Jill, Madam Natalie, Madam Mackenzie, Master Tyler." Pimbersly says in his British accent. He sees me come through and sighs. "Lillian."

"Nice to see you too, Pimsy!" I say, hugging him. I know he won't admit it, but he loves me, Jill tells me.

"Come on," Jill says, grabbing my arm. "If my parents ask, we're in my room!"

"Shall I ask Miss Reynolds to make you hot cocoa?" He asks.

"Yes please!" She says as all five of us run up both of the double sided stairs.

"And her biscuits, please!" Mac adds.

"With creme!" Nat says, giggling.

"Very well." He sighs. He knows we love to milk it.

"So, the elephant in the room." Ty says, flopping on one of the bean bag chairs in her room.

The room's massive, you could fit half the orphanage in it alone. Five bean bags, with two throw pillows on each, two desks, four swivel chairs, two flat screens, four different gaming systems, both eighty inches, a ten by fifteen balcony, complete with lounge chairs and side tables, a king sized bed, lifted, with reading nook underneath, with ladder and slide for transport, three walk-in closets, four walk-in book-closets, a clap-on clap-off fire place, two couches, three love seats, a recliner, and a movie rack. It's... pure beauty... in it's.. it's truest form.

"What?" Mac says. "Look we noticed Nat gained a little weight, but I wouldn't call her an elephant." Nat throws one of her throw pillows at her.

"No, no, the other elephant in the room." Ty says, laughing.

"Oh, shut up." Nat says, throwing the other one at him.

"What elephant are you referring to?" Jill asks, logging onto her Minecraft account on her laptop, settling into a bean bag.

We get quiet as Miss Reynolds sets down the biscuits and hot cocoa. "Thank you, Miss Reynolds!" We all say as she nods.

"Our superhero group name." He says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Dude, we're not even superheroes." I say, eating one of the biscuits.

"Well, we have superpowers, so we're either superheroes, or super villains."

"True. I don't know. We should brain storm."

"Over biscuits and hot cocoa!" Mac says, digging in.

"By the fire place!" She says, scooting closer to the fire.

"Cuddling close!" Ty says, winking and wagging his eyes at me.

"Without Ty!" I put in.

"I agree with it all!" Jill says.

"Hey!" Ty says, feigning hurt.

"But seriously, we should consider it." Mac says.

What do you think they should be called? Comment your superhero names, and have fun with it! If it makes it past my inspection, I will add it into the book, and we can all decide together! Have fun!

.

.

.

.

.

.

No seriously. I have no clue what to call them. Help me. Please, I'm begging you.