Chapter 5

November 14, 2014

Back to your regularly scheduled Lily Robins' POV

"I just can't do it!" Jill says, frustrated. "I don't know how, but I can't!" She flops back on my bed.

"You'll get it. You just need to keep trying." I say patting her back.

"Why is it that you can control us yet not Lils?" Nat says, texting.

"I don't know, I just can't." Jill says, head in her hands.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, I can't make her do anything either." Ty says, playing with a trinket my brother gave me, a little heart shaped music box.

I walk up to him and take the box from him. "Ty, don't touch my stuff."

He chuckles. "Alright, alright. Sheesh, I was just playing."

"Play somewhere else, meathead." I say. I gently set the box back down.

I hear a knock on my door. I open it and Annabelle, a girl a year or two younger than us, is standing there with her friends Gloria and Chelsea.

"Hi girls. What do you need?" I ask.

"Oh, we were just wondering if-" They cut off with a gasp.

"Hiya, ladies. Babe, Lils, come on, you said we'd be here just for a bit." Ty says, trying to drag me away from the door.

"Lay off, Quinn. What were you wondering?" I ask.

"Oh, ahah, um nothing. He is here." They say, smiling at Ty.

"Yeah, well, like he said we were leaving." I say as we all get our purses and coats and what not.

"Later." We all say, leaving.

"Wow, can't believe they're that hung up over Ty." Nat says.

"Yeah, strange." Mac says, nodding.

"What's strange about it?" Ty asks, putting his arm around my shoulders. I pick his hand up in between my fore finger and thumb, and twist it around his back.

"Nothing, just the fact that those three are all blind." Jill says, giggling.

"Ha ha ha, very funny you guys." Ty says, rolling his eyes.

"And just where are you going?" Jan asks as we are halfway out the door.

"Movies. Why?" I ask as my friends get out the door.

"Do you have enough layers? The air's cold, and I heard it's likely to snow." She asks, shutting her laptop.

"Yes, we'll be fine. See you in, roughly, three hours." I say, heading out the door.

"Bye."

"Later."

~~~

The movie was frickin awesome. Interstellar was amazing. I've been sold for months now, so I'm just glad I could go see it. The dimension where he went into his daughters room? Awesome!!

"So, who else liked that movie?" I ask as we head out into the frosty night air. I look at the sky, the flakes falling all around us. I look back down, shivering. Ty's staring at me, a smile on his face. I hit him on the back of the head.

"I did." Jill says.

"Me too." Nat adds.

"And me." Mac puts in.

"Yeah, it was pretty good." Ty says, rubbing the back of his head.

"Hey, is that... Cec?" Nat says, pointing at an approaching figure.

Cec hurries up to us, black and white hair swishing as she runs towards us.

"Really? Black and white hair? What do your mothers think?" Jill asks.

"They don't care, but it drives my brother Adam to the brink of insanity. Besides, I'm an independent woman who don't need no one hair color." She says coolly. She shakes her head. "Not why I came here. Listen, you guys know about my secrets dealing business, right?"

"We aren't interested." Mac says.

"Whatevs. Well, listen, I've been asked by multiple people about Lily. Turns out, the one paying them is Tiffani. She was awfully interested, I made enough money to buy out a Macy's. Ya know, just FYI. By the way, great movie, huh? Laters." Cec says, then sprinted off to her family of giants.

"Tiffani? What does she want to know about me?" I ask, confused.

"I have a feeling we'll find out." Ty says. "And soon."

We all head home. Well, for me, orphanage.

"How was the movie?" A voice asks from behind me. I jump about three feet in the air.

"Geez, Jan! You terrified me!" I say.

"Sorry, kiddo. Just wanted to know about the movie." She says, eyes wide.

I take off my coat. "Pretty good. Heard something weird afterwards."

"Oh?" She says, taking my coat from me and hanging it up.

"Yeah. Apparently, this girl, Tiffani, with an i, has been asking about me. A lot."

"Strange."

"Yeah, but this is the girl who got me in trouble a while back."

She nods. "That girl. Might wanna be wary of her."

"Yeah. Anyway, good night."

"You too." Her phone rings. "Hello? Oh, hi Tony."

"Tony?" I ask quizzically.

"Friend of mine, not important." She says, covering the mouth piece. "What do you need? It's, like, eleven. Hank did what?! Oh my god. On my way." She says, panicked. "Got to go. Emergency crisis. Good night." She says, kissing the top of my head, putting on her jacket, and closes the door behind her.

"Night." I sigh, then head to bed. 'What does Tiffani want with me?' I think before I nod off.

My mom wanted me to add the character again. But that's it, I swear. Scout's honor. I was a girl scout, just trust me.