Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Song: Come A Little Closer- Cage The Elephant

Andy

I looked at myself in the mirror again, wondering if this outfit was better or worse than the last. I was getting ready for my date with Luke and I was, to say the least, nervous. It's not like it's any different from any other time we hang out alone, but I can't help but get nervous. It was our first date, and I think both of us have the pressure to make it perfect.

It will also be interesting to hear about everything that I have missed in his life in the past 3 months. I have a lot to tell him that's for sure. "What about this one?" I say to Ashley, who is helping me pick out something to wear. Luke told me to dress up, but he didn't tell me where we were going. I wasn't sure how dressy I should go, so I was throwing random dresses on. I had a green dress on, it didn't really flatter me that much.

"Uh, you kinda look like Christmas." She tells me, I look at her confused. "Your hair dumby," She says, and I get it. My hair is red and my dress is green, a defiant no. Riley would be proud of me. Ashley tells me to keep looking and I respond by throwing a pillow at her.

I ended up telling Ashley everything about Michael and Luke, about what Michael did. She was thankful that she didn't fall into Michael's trap, and I was glad too. Eventhough Michael had 'Changed' like Luke said, it didn't mean he wasn't going to use girls like he did. I didn't trust him, and I was still putting off meeting with him like he wants to do.

"Okay seriously do you have no good dresses?" Ashley asks me and walks over to my closet, opening it looking for dresses that I haven't tried on yet.

"I don't get out much!" I say, it's true. This will be the first time in a very, very long time that I am wearing a dress. It's not that I don't like wearing dresses, it's just that I never have anywhere to wear them. Who am I kidding, I hate dresses. Luke is lucky that I am doing this for him.

"Andy! Oh my god, what about this one?" She says and pulls out a black dress. I had bought it awhile ago, Riley's suggestion. I didn't really like it, it was too short and I thought it weird on my figure.

"Uh, I don't really like that one," I say. I didn't want to be difficult but I couldn't help it.

"You're putting it on no butts, Luke is is going to be here in an hour!" She exclaims and pushes me into the bathroom with my dress. I put it on and grab a pair a heels that match it. I walk back out and look in the mirror again.

"Holy shit! You look so good, I wish I was Luke." Ashleys comments, I roll my eyes.

It looked okay, it was a little dressy, "Do you think Luke will like it?" I ask.

"If he has eyes, he'll like it."

-

The doorbell rings and my stomach drops. "Ashley, I can't do this." She managed to do my make up and my hair, pinning most of it back. It looked good, way better if I did it myself.

"Shut up and go answer the door, you look amazing." She tells me, giving me a little push, which almost makes me fall. I was wearing very tall heels, and I hadn't worn them in a very long time. I was probably going to end up tripping over myself.

I wipe my sweaty hand on my dress and open the door. My jaw almost drops when I see Luke. He was wearing a black, tight button down, and his normal black skinny jeans. He wasn't wearing his old vans either, he was actually wearing dress shoes, which is what surprised me the most. I couldv'e stared at him all night, but I decided I should probably say hi.

"Hi," I say.

"Shit, Andy you look so goregous." Luke says and takes a step towards me, eventhough I had heels on, he still towered over me. He pressed a kiss to my head and wrapped an arm around my waist.