Chapter 1 - BETROTHAL

The stars were high in the sky as Queen Star brought her third foal into the world. King Venus and his father and law were walking through the castle halls when they heard the news. Prince Jupiter stood outside the room waiting for his younger brother or sister.

" Your majesty!" A servant gasped for breath in the presence of King Venus and his father in law King Galaxy.

" Elena calm down, what is going on?" The King asked in a concerned voice.

" The Queen is foaling!" Without hesitation Elena lead the King's to the room leaving Jupiter outside. A few hours soon passed and eventually another prince was added to the Mustang Kingdom. The colt had a white coat like his mother and he had black markings splash all over it. King Venus's black coat most likely provided the black coloring in the bloodline. Prince Jupiter was eventually invited inside to meet his brother. The name they chose to give the new prince was Neptune, after all space names ran in the family. Within a week a prince Neptune was roaming the castle halls with his mother and brother. One morning King Venus, Queen Star, and Princes Jupiter and Neptune were all gathered in the private living room, when King Galaxy walked into the room with one of the guards.

" Venus, King Gunfire is here with Queen Sasha and his new daughter Princess Sheyenne.". King Galaxy announced to his son in law.

" Well, what do they want!?". Venus and Gunfire hardly ever had a good relationship. The two stallions were always fighting over which kingdom was stronger. The kingdoms were all separated by breed of horse. King Venus ruled the Mustangs and King Gunfire ruled the Arabians. The two kings also had past problems with each other such as in Prince class. Gunfire and Venus would always argue who would be the better king, and who would have the better mare and foals. These wars went on for years and still too this day the kings hate each other.

" I don't know your Majesty, the king only requested to speak with you.". The guard explained.

"Send him in. I have no reason to leave the room if he too has his mare and foal nearby." King Venus demanded.

"Will do your Majesty." The guard responded and with his orders the guard turned and went to the castle gates to escort the Arabians to the Mustangs.

"What could they possibly want?" Queen Star asked her husband turning to face him after confirming her sons were going to be safe.

"I don't know but, if something bad happens I need you to send the boys out.".

"Well if that happens you need to promise me that you'll be the one that lives.". Queen Star commanded hugging her stallion.

"I promise.". With that the Arabians walked in.

"Nice place you've got King Venus." King Gunfire exclaimed sarcastically.

"What did you come here for Gunfire, and it's not like a king to bring his mare and foal with him on a large journey to another kingdom." King Venus interrogated.

"Well you see my daughter over there is only a few weeks old and my kingdom is starting to struggle a little bit and possibly I would like to betroth her before she can fight me. I also heard that you had a foal of your own recently." King Gunfire replied showing of his new daughter.

"My sons are not open for betrothal! After all my oldest son is almost a whole year older than her and the other son is the youngest of three so he won't ever be king, unless his older brother resigns." King Venus stormed.

"I'm asking betrothal of your youngest son, for if he marries my daughter then he will be king of the Arabian kingdom and your oldest will rule over the Mustang Kingdom." King Gunfire said with a correcting tone.

"No, if my son marries your daughter our kingdoms will end up united and I have no intentions to unite our kingdoms." King Venus corrected.  "Besides I also have no intentions of ruining the happiness in my son's life.". Gunfire now enraged responds by pulling out his sword and pointes it toward Venus.

"How dare you say such ridiculous things about my filly!". In response King Venus pulled out his sword and replied,

"If she is of your bloodline she will end up like you.". With that swords started swinging.

"Star take the boys and go!" King Venus commanded. Star heard the command but she was too frightened to do anything about it, instead she hid her sons behind her. The two kings fought for awhile and the battle didn't culminate until King Venus was on the floor and Queen Sasha objected to let the fight end the way fights normally do. Both kings got to their feet and placed their swords back into their belts.

" Sorry King Gunfire, but your princess will not have a betrothal with my son." Venus firmly stated. With that Gunfire, Sasha, and Sheyenne left the castle and started on their way home to the Arabian Kingdom. After the Arabians left Venus went and hugged Star and nuzzled his two sons.