Chapter 3 - PRINCE VS. PRINCESS

Now the war had been happening for almost a year by this point in time. Neptune was now fully trained in sword fighting and was sent out by his father daily on patrol. One afternoon Neptune went out on patrol on the borders of the Mustangs and Arabians. The dark forests in which he had used to accidently start the war was standing directly in front of him. As Neptune looked closer at the forest he saw a dark figure standing within the shadows. Neptune had already realized that this horse was most likely an Arabian due to the side of the border the horse was on, removed his sword from its holder and walked strait toward the hidden Arabian solider. The Arabian spotted him walking toward her and immediately drew her sword and galloped toward him. The two horses swords crossed and the battle was on between the two horses. The miniature battle lasted for only a few minutes ending with Prince Neptune pinned to the ground. The Arabian above him stood staring into his eyes and holding her sword to his throat. The Arabian mare had a black coat, with a sock on her back left hoof, and a bright diamond star on her forehead. Neptune was so out of breath and stunned by her beauty that he almost didn't see her speaking to him.

" What are you here for!?" The Arabian questioned pushing her weapon closer and closer to his throat.

" Huh? Oh, I was just supposed to patrol the border. Please don't hurt me I don't want to hurt you or anyone in this whole world, please spare me." Neptune pleaded locking eyes with the mare that was threatening his life. To Neptune's surprise she withdrew her weapon and placed in back in the holder.

" Me too." Neptune got to his hooves and stared at her even more in surprise.

" You mean you don't want to hurt your worst nemesis, yet alone the Prince belonging to your worst enemy.?" Neptune asked looking directly at the mare with ultimate astonishment.

" Wait you're the Prince of the Mustangs!?" The mare replied shocked remembering that, that was one of the ways that she could prove to her father that she was more than just a princess.

" Well, I'm one of them. Who by chance are you my lady." Neptune politely asked bowing at her hooves and retrieving his sword from the ground. Neptune was unaware of the ranking of this mare and just about freaked when she replied to him.

" Princess Sheyenne of the Arabians.". The two horses locked eyes and trembled in their hooves as the continued to stare at each other.

"I don't want to fight you." Sheyenne suddenly interrupted.

" Me either, after all I don't even want to fight in the war." Neptune continued. Then out of the blue, Neptune came up with an idea. "Why don't we runaway, so we don't have to fight in the war at all." Neptune thought it was a great idea, Sheyenne had only a few problems with that plan.

"You might be able to run away because you have two older siblings, I on the other hand I'm the only heir to the throne in the Arabian kingdom." Sheyenne responded with concern.

" So, we can return when the war is over we are only going to disappear until the war ends." Neptune seemed convincing to Sheyenne and she was thinking about going with him but she was still experiencing second thoughts.

"Fine, we can run away but, we won't until tonight." With that Sheyenne bowed to Neptune and returned across the border and walked strait into the castle. Neptune sighed with delight and raced his shadow all the way back to his room, almost bumping into servants on the way. Leaping onto his bed, Neptune started to day dream about the night ahead of him. The clock didn't seem to go fast enough for the two horses because they left their castles before nightfall, in fact they left right after they each had dinner.

" I couldn't wait." Neptune confessed.

"Neither could I.". The prince and princess began their journey by walking away from the meadow in which they fought hours before. Their friendship was only going to grow from here.