Chapter 9 - CLASH OF THE ARABIANS

The whole group walked into the forest setting up the borders between the Mustangs and Arabians. The guards on the Mustang side were a small issue at the beginning of the journey.

" My liege, you do know that you are heading straight for the Arabian kingdom. " The guard warned.

" I am fully aware of that Matthew, but I have business to attend to there so please don't delay me." King Venus replied. That was the end of that conversation as the Royal Mustang family followed Sheyenne over to the Arabians. In minutes the horses saw the big castle that belonged to the Arabians.

" That's where we're going?" Jupiter asked staring from the castle walls all the way up to the tippy top of the castle.

" Yup." Neptune replied doing the same action.

" Come on." Sheyenne stated leading the group on. Coming up to the big gates upon the castle wall, the horses were met by Arabian guards.

" Halt! What are you Mustangs doing here!?" one of the guards asked.

" They are here to talk with my sire." Sheyenne excused.

" Your majesty." the guard said surprised. Then both of the guards bowed before her. " The kingdom has released several search parties and kept sharp eyes out for you." the guard went on after rising up again.

" I wouldn't expect anything else from my father. I do hope you know that I am able to fend for myself. Now, I need you to send a message to my father that the Mustangs are here to speak with him as well as his own filly." Sheyenne commanded.

" Very well your highness." the guard told her, bowing once more. Sheyenne and the Mustangs stood at the castle barriers for a while before the guard returned.

" The king is willing to speak with you my princess, but not the Mustangs." the guard said glaring at the Mustangs.

" We'll just see about that." Sheyenne responded pushing past the guard and walking into the castle front yard.

"Oh and by the way.." She continued turning to face the guard again. " I will not have you laying a hoof on those Mustangs or even show them disrespect.". Sheyenne walked up to the stairs that lead to her castle entrance and had the guards there open the doors for her. The mare walked through the hallways, turning left and right. The mare knew the place like the back of her hooves. Eventually, she came upon her father's throne room. Stepping into the room, Sheyenne was greeted by her mother who came running with hooves open wide. Throwing her body around Sheyenne, Queen Sasha became relieved.

" Hello mother." Sheyenne said embracing her dam in her forelegs. Sheyenne then looked up to notice her father looking back at her. Pushing away her mother, Sheyenne went up to her father.

" So, you won't even speak to the Mustangs." Sheyenne's tone of voice was displeasing to Gunfire, but he was still able to control himself.

" Yes. Where have you been?" Gunfire asked his daughter as she circled around him.

" You don't even know what they want to talk to you about." Sheyenne replied.

" They are the Mustangs they ask they say the same things every time." Gunfire responded.

" Besides, that doesn't answer my question. Where were you?".

" I'm the one asking the questions at the moment. I'm in charge." Sheyenne sternly replied.

" No you're not. I'm the father here and you are the daughter!" Gunfire corrected.

" Let me put it this way. Right now I'll ask the questions and when I'm done you can ask the questions.". Sheyenne remarked.