Ch. 8

(Above is Snail'paw, your dearest brother~! Enjoy!)

(Snow Shard's POV)

The snow blowed, but your tribe's long claws slid into the mountains cracks. Your tribe's white and light grey pelts were barely visible in the howling snow. Just that, a yowl spit the air in half. You kept walking, well aware of what just happened. "S-Snow Shard! Rising Storm (Get it?) just fell!" cried West's Wind. "Keep going, the snow is easing up," you state. "He was a useless elder. He would slow us down," you felt the cat's gazes fall onto the elders in the back.

(Your POV)

You padded through the entrance, you jaws filled with prey. Juniperstar was close behind. The talk you had earlier was about how he liked your bravery while following the evil cat (Sorry, I couldn't think of anything). He jumped up onto the wet rock, calling a meeting.

He picked the cats going to the gathering, you were picked as well. The atmosphere in the camp was terrible; everyone was gloomy. You heard that Mossyspots died of Green Cough. You also heard that MarshClan's deputy, Jayheart, died from drowning. Applepaw and Windpelt, from WindClan and ShadowClan died in a small battle after Windclan found a ShadowClan patrol on their territory. And you can't forget the RiverClan fiasco. After that, Morningbreeze soon died of heart failure in her sleep. That set the clan back even more.

Later, you and your 'empty' looking clan mates gathered by the entrance. It consisted of Juniperstar, Ottershade, Ravenflurry, Plumpaw, You, Snailpaw, Berrystride, Shimmersplash, Honeyjaw, Sheepcloud, And Maplestorm. You swiftly padded to the muddy territory of MarshClan's, it now devolving a strange smell. You saw that WindClan was there, as well as MarshClan, and that was it. Every cat broke off to go talk.

Soon, after all the clans arrived, ShadowClan last, MudStar yowled for the meeting to start. "I would like to start; because of the death of Jayheart, I will appoint a new deputy. He scanned his cats, finally looking at the other clans once more. "Maggotpelt, do you expect the role as deputy?" he called. "Yes, yes I do." said a Tom With a deep voice. "I would also like to make an apprentice, BunnyPaw, a warrior.

"BUNNYHOP, BUNNYHOP!" cried the Five clans. The Marshclan leader stepped back, dipping his head. Juniperstar told them of the 'incident', telling them it was completely handled. You and your friends looking down as Juniperstar told them of your apprenticeship. "I wish Jaypaw was here!" whispered Plumpaw. You nodded, watching the Thunderclan leader tell them how Mossyspots will be missed. He recently got into trouble, not knowing about the rule that apprentices can't go out without their mentors.

The small WindClan leader stepped up, telling how they are more alert and trustworthy than ever, looking at Juniperstar and HoundStar. Soon, HoundStar stepped forward. "There is something I have been needing to do since they were made. ShadowClan Is declaring war." Everyone gasped. "I want Marshclan wiped out!" he spat. "Who's with who, then?" MudStar asked calmly. "WindClan stands with Marshclan!" yelled Harestar, her clan cheering soon after. "ThunderClan is with ShadowClan," said LionStar. Houndstar's eyes lit up, hearing of the ThunderClan leader's approval. His eye darkened he looked like he was on the verge of tears when Mossyspots was confirmed dead. Friends, probably. RiverClan is with Marshclan," said Juniperstar, after thinking for a while.

Everyone nodded, clans turning upon clans, in a matter of seconds. You and a group of apprentices, consisting of You, Plumpaw, Snailpaw, FeatherPaw, FlintPaw, GreenPaw (Who was almost a warrior), StarlingPaw, And Blackpaw, the newest of them all. You all looked around, seeing the friendly smiles on the warriors replaced by growls and hisses. There was line down the middle now, ThunderClan and ShadowClan on one side, The others on the other. The apprentices stayed in the back, nodding to each other, signaling that this would not ruin all of their friendships.

Just then, SpiderThroat came in yelling with huffing in between, "Morningbreeze.... Moringbreeze is....."