The letter

"Zoe Furns," the teacher was calling the role.

"Here."

The role went on until my name, I was last on the list.

"Amber Winstan,"

"Here" I replied.

English was my least favourite subject but the teacher, Mrs Easson, was quite nice.

Since it was the first day at school we basically just got to know each other.

By third period me and Zoe were hanging out with a girl named Lucy who was very nice. She had bright blond hair in plaits and freckles.

"What subject do we have next?" Lucy asked.

"Math," Zoe replied.

We walked into the classroom and took a seat near the back and waited for the teacher.

"So tell me a little bit about yourselves," Lucy said " I barely know you guys!"

"Ok," I started, " We go to the orphanage near the swimming centre, we're room mates and yeah."

"So you-your parants died?" She asked fearfully.

"Yeah," Zoe said. " Mine from some kind of cancer cause they smoked and Amber's from a car crash."

Lucy looked like she was about to start crying, seriously what a baby, I thought.

"It's ok though, no need to be sad."

"Sorry it's just so sad!" Lucy said wiping her eyes.

The teacher walked in, he was a large man with a massive moustache.

"Good morning year sevens, my name is Mr Smirk and I expect you to follow all class rules and expectations..."

I zoned out after a little, he was so boring!

Suddenly a large barn owl with glistening brown feathers, soured through the window.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed and it came and sat on my desk dropping a letter. I picked the letter up and looked around. Everyone was staring at me muttering.

"Freak!" Someone yelled, people muttered in agreement.

I couldn't take it anymore, I ran out of the room and started walking back to the orphanage.

"Stupid owl. why did you have to ruin everything." I was talking to myself angrily kicking rocks.

It's not my fault your a witch

"Arrggghh" I yelled so startled I fell over on the uneven pavement. My hands and knees were grazed but they healed before my eyes.

"Whoa." How the hell did I do that? then I remembered the voice so I looked around cautiously. I couldn't see anyone.

I'm up here in the tree

The voice said again.

I looked up into the tree and saw it, the owl.

"What do you want? first you got the whole class to hate me now you're calling me a witch! Go away!" I was angry, you probably think I'm weird talking to an owl but I was sure that it talked to me.

I stormed away from it and into the orphanage, up to my room wanting some alone time before Zoe got back.

But the room wasn't empty, sat on the bed was a tall man with a long silver beard and hair. He wore half moon glasses and long robes.

"Hello Amber. My name is professor Dumbledore."