The Voice

After all the food had been eaten we were able to leave, but Professor McGonagall stopped me and led me to the headmasters office.

I walked up the circular stairs and up to a door, I was about to open it but I heard voices, Hagrid's and Professor Dumbledores.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I am a very curious person.

'Professor I saw something on her forehead when we were at the leaky cauldron. What was it? It looked jus' like 'arrys scar.' Hagrid said.

Strait away I knew they were talking about me.

' Yes Hagrid it was a scar, exactly the same as Harry's.

I'll explain. The night Voldemort failed to kill Harry, Voldemort ran away, he didn't die or become what we thought. Later he got told a prophecy about a girl who would defeat him with the help of Harry.

He set out to kill her when she was a baby, he killed her parents but failed to kill her. Harry isn't the reason of Voldemort's disappearance, Amber is.'

'Oh, okay I didn't expect tha'. I'd bette' go now professor.'

I quickly hid behind a statue when Hagrid opened the door and disappeared down the stairs. then went and knocked on the door.

'Excuse me professor, you wished to see me?' I said.

'Yes, yes come sit down.' Dumbledore gestured to the chair opposite to him. His office was large and circular with many strange objects and pictures of moving people.

'Why did you want to see me?' I asked.

'I was wandering what the sorting hat said to you exactly.' Dumbledore questioned.

'Um- well he said that I have equal qualities for every house and it was hard for him to chose.' I said.

'Hmmm, interesting. Don't think that as a bad thing, it means that your very special Amber Winstin. Good night Amber it's getting late.'

Once I left I realised I had no idea where the Gryffindore dorms were. Oh poo.

I passed a few people but none of them were Gryffindores.

I brushed my fingers against the wall and suddenly

I could see things. But not normal vision, I could suddenly see through the walls, well more like sense what's behind them. I know your thinking that that's really weird but I've not an average witch, I'm different even among the magical kind. I don't even need a wand to do spells!

I was walking along a corridor when I sensed the common room. I sighed, I don't know the password.

I just say down waiting for someone to come.

Then I heard it. A voice that made me shiver.

'Come... come to me.... let me rip you.... let me tear you ... let me kill you...'

'Who's there.' I said my voice shaking.

I sensed something large in the walls but it quickly left.

Must be my imagination, I thought.

It was almost midnight and I was so tired that I just fell asleep.

****

Someone was shaking me awake.

'Go away, I'm trying to sleep.' I said to whoever was waking me.

'Amber it's me Hermione.'

'Oh. Sorry.' I woke up and i was still on the ground.

'What were you doings out here.' Hermione asked.

'Um I didn't know the password to the common room.'

'Oh the passwords wattlebird. Come on you're not late for breakfast then I'll come back with you to get your stuff.'

I thanked her and walked with her to the great hall.

We passed Harry and Ron on the way and Hermione started muttering about rule breakers and stuff like that.

' Hey, what's wrong?' I asked.

' Oh it's just Harry and Ron flew a magical car to school and its just very irresponsible.'

' They what? Flew a car?! Wow.' I said, that sounded fun.

I went and sat next to Ginny on the Gryffindore table, heads turned as I walked past. I sighed.

'Good morning. Where were you last night?' she asked.

'Um I didn't know the password so I slept outside.' I admitted.

' Oh that's horrible, first day at Hogwarts and slept on the floor.' she shook her head.

Suddenly a loud scream came from a letter Ron just opened.

' Oh Ron that's a howler!' Someone said.

'...STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE...'

the voice was 100 times louder than normel and made the plates and spoons rattle. Ron had sunk so low in his chair that only his forehead was seen and it was very red.

...LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT....

The voice kept on screaming for a bit more making everyone's ear drums throb.

'What was that?' I asked when it was over.

'A howler from my ... mum.'

An embarrassed looking Ginny said.

'Oh.' I said not knowing what a howler is.

Professor McGonagall came along the Gryffindore table handing everyone there timetables. I looked at mine; transfiguration, double potions, defence against the dark arts and herbology.

I showed Ginny my timetable.

'I have the same, shall we go to transfiguration?' she said.

'Sure'