Rogue 》 Chapter 5

~X~

I lift my head to the air as I smell that familiar rose and forest scent. It was Zelda. I had walked back to camp after I had chased her as long as I could into rogue territory. Then the warning howl went off and I stopped, I wouldn't make it very far. They could smell the alpha on me, but Zelda was technically a rogue now so they let her through.

     I snap my head into the direction of the mouth watering ferimone to see her in wolf form, running. But her eyes aren't their regular shade of green, they're grey.

      "That's her wolf," Finn cries out, "- please, let me take control!" I sigh but allow it. My eyes turn golden and Finn has taken over.

~~

      Finn handed my body back over to me once he was done talking to Terra, Zelda's wolf. My eyes turn back to grey as I look down at her. Her eyes turn green and I know Zelda is back in control. I try telling her to stay but she growls and shifts, running away.

      My body twitches and I'm about to shift when Finn speaks to me. He tells me that she needed time, I broke her heart after all. I agree and watch her run off towards the mountains. I'm not sure which one she's taking, it could be Vogue Mountain or it could be Gona Mountain. I can't tell, I'd have to follow her scent.

      Finn only let me hear snippets of their conversation, blocking me off from the rest. He only let me hear things such as Zelda needed time away from me.

      She looked so angry at me. I have to admit, she looked absolutely stunning now that she is nourished. But I shouldn't be thinking like that, for the Moon Goddesses's sake it's my pack that did that to her. Before I killed the former alpha and beta, the smirks on their faces should've told me everything, yet I chose to ignore it.

      "Alpha Xenos," a seductive voice slurs, "- you don't need that damned Zelda omega. Why would you want her when you have women like me?" I turn around away from my fleeting mate to see Clarissa.

      I roll my eyes, "Go find Warner." Warner is her fuck buddy, excuse my language, but she tries to get someone new in her pants everyday. Rumor has it she hasn't and most likely won't find her mate.

      She pouts, "But I want you, my alpha." She wraps her arms around my neck, bringing her leg up to rest on my waist.

      I snarl, "Get off of me."

      "You sure you don't want me, master," she whispers.

      I growl, "If you don't want me to rip off those mosquito bites you call breasts I suggest you move your filthy self off of me. Scram!" She snorts as he scrambles off of me, storming away whilst swaying her hips. To be painfully honest I could use a woman to take my mind off of Zelda, I'd never commit such a crime though. Perhaps if I didn't love her, but I have a different story.

      Clarissa, obviously taking my advice, walks over to Warner. He smiles sickly at her, grasping her waist. He was attractive, yes, but he acted fake too. Neither in a relationship, but both friends with benefits. Pretty on the outside disgusting and mutated on the inside. It made me want Zelda more, she was pure and innocent yet fierce and independent at the same time. It made me aroused just thinking about marking her sweet skin.

      "Xenos," Finn says, "- thank you for letting me out. I know you don't fully trust me as if now but it's for the best for our mate."

      I nod internally, "I understand, thanks bud."

      "No problem," he says. I'm on good terms with my wolf, that's great news. The closer you are to your wolf, the closer you will be with yourself. You'll also be happier because your wolf is you, if he/she feels depressed you will too.