Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand!

(Y/n)'s POV

"Mal, is everything okay?"

It was a stupid question, I could see her puffy red eyes, I wondered if the Royal Cotillion is getting to her.

"Me? Oh I'm fine, just sorting my stuff." She tried to say, but I can tell she's lying.

"Then why do you have your suitcase covered? And why is your side of the room look completely empty?" I asked.

She sighed and formed tears. "This week has been a stressful week, today didn't go so well with Ben."

I began to rub her back to comfort her. She told me the whole story about how Ben caught her by using the spell book and being fake.

"I just want to go back to the isle, I miss being the real me, stealing candies from babies and being rotten to the core. I don't feel like a Lady in the Court, that's not me! I like the old me, I just want to go back." She said. I nodded.

She looked up and saw my suitcase. "Why do you have a suitcase with you?" She asked. I tried to make up an excuse, "I-I was uh— Well, I was just going to spend the night at the ship for the Cotillion, like making preparations and decorating you know..." I chuckled. But her face was dead serious and her eyes were starting to glow.

"Ugh fine, I had a bad day too. I was checking off the list we needed for the Cotillion and realized we were missing some stuff. And so, I saw Ally painting the roses and somehow her paint got into my eye and then I broke something I shouldn't have broke. Jane got upset and I had to leave. It was all my fault and I felt like I didn't belong here either.

"I was thinking about my past this whole entire day, how much I missed being with you guys and the isle. I miss being bad too, I felt like I couldn't do anything right here and I got tired of it. So I thought I'd escape and live in the Isle. That's when I had to tell you or Evie so you both wouldn't have to worry about me, and now that I see you I guess we're on the same page." I said.

She then gave me a tight hug. It's very rare to get a hug from Mal tbh, but I don't mind. I hugged her back.

"It's great to know that I'm not the only one feeling like this. Thank you (y/n)!"

"So What's the plan?" I asked.

"Well, I was going to tell you and Evie I was leaving, but now that you're leaving I think we should write a note to her." She suggested.

"Good idea." I said. She wrote a note to Evie telling her that we left and to not worry. Once she was done, she put the note on her desk and grabbed her stuff.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand." She grinned.

"Let's do it!" I said. We both left her dorm and went outside. She grabs her purple motorcycle with 2 seats. We straddled our suitcases together and then sat on the bike, then Mal drove off.

Once we reached the end of the island of Auradon, Mal grabbed her spell book and made a spell.

"Noble steed proud and fair you shall take me anywhere." Then before we knew it, the barrier opened for us.

"Uh Mal, are you sure you know what you're doing?" I asked.

"Relax (y/n), don't you remember what you said about me finding a way?" She asks.

I nodded and hugged her tightly.

"Okay, here we go... please work." She said. As she drives, I hugged her and closed my eyes not wanting to know if we're going to make it across. But then I opened my eyes and saw that we were driving across the ocean.

We shortly arrived and drove through the market place being in everybody's way. We then halted, and saw a picture of Mal and Ben all scribbled up. She grabbed it, crumples it up and throws it on the ground and drove off.

"So (y/n) do you want to stay at my place or drop you off at your old home?"

Oh gee, I haven't been to my old home in awhile, I would love to stop by and see. "You can just drop me off at my place Mal." I told her.

She knew where I used to live, (since I couldn't remember). Once we got to my home, I got off and unsaddled my suitcase.

"Thank you so much Mal for—"

"No no, don't thank me. Remember, we don't say kind words here." She winked. I winked back at her.

"You know what I mean," i said.

"Hey, once you're done settling in, meet me at my place. We need to get you a new look and outfit."

I nodded and thanked her again. She drove off and I grabbed my suitcase and left inside to settle myself in.

As I got in, memories were flooding in with my mom and I. I remember how much fun we used to have, how much we laughed, played and even cried.

As I looked around, I noticed myself crying. I'm finally here! I'm free at last! No more stress, no more being the president of the activities committee, no more rules, and no more being a prissy princess.