chapter ten

rosemary

We spent the rest of the evening in the restaurant. The days that followed were nothing short of fun and excitement.

I spent my mornings at the dock with Harry, afternoons with Dizzy, and when nightfall hit, it was almost impossible to figure out what kind of night we would have. There was no telling what the night would turn into with villain kids.

As the days went on, I came to the realization that I never want to leave the Isle of the Lost. I wanted the thrill and adrenaline of never knowing what comes next. I wanted adventure, and life became one with Harry.

We came to the realization that if I was going to stay on the Isle, then I was going to need to gather my belongings. I sent word to Ophelia, who told Mal, who brought us a limo to Auradon.

The following morning, a sleek, black limo pulled into the desolate streets of the Isle of the Lost, its polished surface gleaming under the dim, overcast sky. The driver, a stern-faced man in a crisp uniform, stepped out and opened the door for us. Harry and I exchanged a glance, our hearts pounding with a mixture of anxiety and excitement. As we slid into the plush leather seats, I couldn't help but notice how different this felt from the rough, grimy surroundings we were leaving behind.

The drive to Auradon was surreal. The dilapidated buildings and gloomy atmosphere of the Isle gradually gave way to lush green landscapes and pristine, vibrant towns. My stomach churned with a cocktail of emotions—worry about the unknown challenges that awaited us, yet pride in the opportunity to prove ourselves. It was a feeling I had never quite experienced before, a blend of anticipation and trepidation that made my pulse quicken with every passing mile.

I casually make it to my old bedroom without running into anyone I knew, only expecting some kind of extreme confrontation by Ophelia. Instead, when I open my dorm room door, I am confronted by someone else.

"Oh Eugene, there she is!"

My parents.

"Mom?" I gap at the sight of them with Harry behind me.

"Rosemary, my darling!" My mother, Rapunzel, smiles and reaches out for me. "And who is this with you?"

Harry turns redder than his jacket. "I'm Harry Hook. Son of Captain Hook."

I've never seen my parents freak out this quickly before. "Rosemary Fitzherbert! You're dating a villain kid?"

As my mother tries grabbing me, I pull away. "Yes, I am." I look down to take Harry's hand in mine. "And there's nothing either of you can do to change that."

My dad doesn't even try to argue with me. He just looks over at Harry before sticking his own hand out. "So, Captain Hook, huh?"

All I could do was laugh...at least my father was over it.