you are a stranger

hennessy watts

hennessy watts

I stare at the kids walking across the school campus. All of them in a hustle to get to their classes. Although I should be doing the same, I decided to lay back and smoke a cig. Which isn't considered very ladylike for a girl like me in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I moved from New York to here, because my parents love moving whenever they feel like it. It's a upper class problem I suppose. Things are seemingly different over here. It's often quiet and less crowded. But that's okay.

The sunset was the best part. You could see it from anywhere, even the South Side.The orange hues sprawled out everywhere was truly a delight. I like thinking deep. It makes me feel special. Not everyone does it, but they should. It's relieving.

One thing I hate most about Tulsa was the economic class groups. The "Socs" were the more upper class people. The greasers were worse than middle class. Both of these groups fought, it was horrible.

I don't want to be considered a Soc. That's what everyone defines me as however. It's sad. Just because I'm a rich girl, doesn't mean I don't have shitty life. But that's what everyone assumes.

"Aren't you a little too pretty to be smokin'?", Bob asks me. I roll my eyes, he was Cherry Valance's boyfriend and a dick. Cherry loves boasting about him however. Nothing was special about him though. She just couldn't say anything because her reputation would be ruined.

The greaser boys were my favorite. Preferably Darry Curtis and his gang. They were well known around here, I had come to figure that out on my very first day at school. I never talked to them though. I dare not too. Keeping a good distance, will keep me alive.

Dallas Winston wasn't very loved, but I loved him. Although Cherry and her girls despised him, he was my baby. He just didn't know it. His edge intrigued me. That's exactly what I want, a thrill.

I'd stay up all night "fantasizing" about certain things with him. Then regret it the next day knowing that I'd never have a chance. It was very unlikely. "Hennessy come on! Lets go to Rusty's for some food.", my friend, Celine motions for me to come.

I nod, at her lazily and get up. I wasn't in the mood to eat, but I didn't want to dissatisfy her either so I obeyed. I was a good girl. A nice one. Everyone loves me. Or so I thought. Maybe they just want to fuck me.

We walk into the hang out filled with mainly Socs and a few greasers here and there. "Oh shit.", Celine mutters as she looks at the entrance. I arch my brow and turn around, is my mind fucking with me? That's Dallas motherfucking Winston.

"Masturbation time!", Celine pretends to jerk off and laughs at the same time. I roll my eyes, "Hush.", I say. "Wasn't he just in jail?", I hear a Soc from the booth behind me say. "Must've gotten out early.", another one replies.

Without hesitation, I got up from my chair and walked over to Dally who was sitting on a stool. "Dallas Winston?", I smile. "How's it goin' baby?", he replies looking bored. "Oh, it's just gotten way better.", I laugh.

"Why don't we take this somewhere..more private?", I ask raising my eyebrows. He stares at me blankly then breaks out into laughter. Everyone stares at us. I couldn't imagine what they were thinking. A Soc talking to Dallas Winston. Why hasn't her boyfriend come to pick her up yet?

"Listen up everyone, this girl wants me to sleep with her!", he shouts and continues to laugh. Afterwards, everyone else in the place starts laughing with him. I bit my lip, holding back the messy statement that was about to be publicly exhibited.

"Fuck you all!", I say and walk out.