Chapter Three

A/N I was going to just write one chapter, but that chapter turned to be so long that I ended up splitting it into two chapters. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and thank you for reading.

Stiles P.O.V

The feeling of ice runs over me as I hear his voice speak in it's usual deep threatening tone.

"Scott?"

"Mr Argent." Scott struggles to say. Which is understandable considering he is swinging upside down from a tree. Claire turns to look at me with panic in her eyes and my heart beats loudly, making me squeeze her hand reassuringly.

"How are you doing?" Mr Argent asks in a condescending tone.

"Good, you know, just hanging out." I roll my eyes, that's something I would say. "Is this one of yours?" I'm guessing he's referring to the trap. "It's good. Nice design. Very constricting." Shut up, Scott. Do you want your little werewolf head chopped off?

"What are you doing here, Scott?"

"Looking for my friend." Scott says as if it was obvious.

"Ah, that's right. Lydia's part of your group now, isn't she?" Claire tenses up beside me at the mention of Lydia. "Part of your clique? Is that the word you use? Or is there another way to put it. Part of your pack?"

"Actually, clique sounds about right to me."

"I hope so. Because I know she's a friend of Allison's, and one special circumstance such as yourself - actually make that two, don't think I haven't noticed Claire - two I can handle, not three." A pregnant pause follows and I can start to feel my anxiety kicking in. "Scott, do you know what a hemicorporectomy is?"

"No, I have a feeling I don't want to." Yeah, you really don't.

"It's a medical term for amputating somebody at the waist. Cutting them in half." Well, I know who father of the year is not going to be. "Takes a tremendous amount of strength to cut through tissue and bone like that. Let's hope a demonstration never becomes necessary." With that, he gets up and walks away, leaving Scott to hang there. Allison, Claire and I get up from our hiding spot and move out towards Scott.

"You okay?" Allison asks, worry clear in her voice.

"Yeah, it's just another life-threatening conversation with your dad."

"Charming man, he is." I hear Claire mutter beside me and I give her an amused smile which she returns. Even though I've known her basically my whole life, she's still able to leave me breathless with just a smile.

"Stiles, Claire, help me with this." Claire and I snap into action, following Allison to a tree where the wire leads to, away from Scott, to try and get him down. I hear a thump behind me and we turn around to see Scott on his feet with his claws out.

"Thanks, but I think I got it." Scott says with a smirk. Allison and I look at him in amazement while Claire just looks plain annoyed.

"Well, why didn't you do that sooner." She huffs out.

*****************

"She ate the liver?" Scott nearly shouted. Claire, Scott and I are slowly making our way up the school steps as I talk to them about what I overheard my father talking about on the phone.

"Usually when someone robs a grave, they take the jewelry and valuables, not the bloody liver." Claire exclaimed, her hand holding my hand as we walk closely together.

"No, I didn't say that she ate it, I just said it was missing. And you know what? Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body."

"Oh, god, I should not have eaten breakfast this morning." I look towards Claire and I could see her face, slowly becoming paler with a green tinge appearing with it. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea talking about this now. I quickly mutter an apology.

"I never ate anyone's liver." Scott carries on, confusion written in his features making us stop and look at him.

"Yeah, right. Because when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self-control. Actually, wait, you're the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

"What do you mean?" Claire and Scott say at the same time.

"I mean, what was going through your head when you were turning? What were you drawn to?"

"Allison." Scott replies sheepishly. I really should have known.

"Really? Nothing else? Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered."

"You're a love-sick puppy, Scott. Aren't you just the cutest thing." Claire mocks, reaching up to pinch Scott's cheek but he quickly dodges it, making me laugh.

"Whatever." Scott rolls his eyes, a smirk playing at his lip before he turns to me. "Isn't it a good thing though? The night she was bit, she was with you and Claire, right?" I can hear Claire sigh with guilt and I tighten my grip on her hand. Nothing that happened was her fault, I hope she doesn't think it is.

"Yeah, but she was looking for Jackson." I see Jackson get out of his Porsche, arrogance radiating off him strongly today and he starts to head towards the school when what looks like a homeless man stops him. Scott has already headed off so it's just Claire and I left to watch the events unfold.

"Nice car."

"Here's a dollar. Go find another parking lot to die in." Jackson turns away from him and heads into the school.

"Why does Lydia even like that asshole?" Claire asks, glaring after Jackson.

"It's definitely not his outstanding personality, I can tell you that." I say and I can hear Claire laugh beside me so I turn around to look at her. I quickly lean down to peck her cheek, making her blush and smile. "I'll see you in Chemistry, okay?" She nods and before I was able to turn around, she captures my lips with hers in a tender and loving kiss.

"See you in Chemistry." She says after breaking away, then glides into the school, leaving me to stand there with a huge smile on my face, like an idiot.

***********

Well, this morning I just went from being in the presence of the most beautiful girl in the world, to the most arrogant son of a bitch.

"If Lydia wants to take a naked hike in the woods, why should I care?" Jackson asked in an annoyed tone.

"Because we have a pretty good idea that she might be turning." Scott says calmly.

"Into..."

"A unicorn, what do you think dumbass?" I say losing all sense of calm.

"Well, I think if Lydia is turning, she's not the one that's gonna need help."

"What do you mean?" Scott leans forward do no one else will hear, but Jackson has other ideas. Seriously. He all but shouts his answer. It's a wonder how people around us don't hear what we're saying.

"You've got it all backward, McCall. When I was with Lydia, you should have seen the scratch marks she left on me. What do you think she's gonna do with a set of real claws?"