Chapter Four

Stiles P.O.V

"Alright, it gives me severe mental anguish to say this, but he's right." I whisper to Scott and Claire looks questioningly at me from beside me.

"I know." Scott whispers back, trying not to get noticed by Mr Harris.

"What if the next body part she steals is from someone who is still alive?"

"I don't think she's..." Claire tries to say but was interrupted by Mr Harris who is still writing things on the board.

"This is a pop quiz, Mr Stilinski. If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

"Can you do that?" I ask and from the corner of my eye I can see Claire give me her famous 'shut up Stiles' look.

"There it is again. Your voice. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently. I'll see you at three for detention." My jaw drops. I feel a hand on my knee and look over to see Claire giving me a sympathetic smile. Scott also tries to turn around to face me but is stopped by the demonic voice. "You too Mr McCall and Miss Thompson?"

"No sir." Scott says, turning back to his work.

"I'm good." Claire says as well, squeezing her hand on my knee comfortingly.

***************

After an hour and a half of torturous detention with Mr Harris, I finally made it out to see the welcomed surprise of Claire sitting on the hood of my Jeep, looking at her phone. A smile crosses my face and my chest warms at the thought of Claire being here, willing to wait for me for so long. I guess I would do the same for her.

"Clairey, what are you still doing here?" I ask as I approach her, moving to stand in front of her.

"Waiting for you, what else would I be doing?" She says and she leans down to place a peck on my lips. "Why were you gone for so long? Detention usually only lasts for an hour." She says as she hops off the jeep, putting her phone away in her bomber jacket pocket, bringing our bodies close together and she links our hands together. I'm unable to move, mainly because I don't want to move.

"Mr Harris made me stay for an extra half an hour. Apparently, I'm his new project all because he got in trouble with the sheriff who just happens to be my dad." Claire frowns an adorable frown.

"He can't do that, he shouldn't be able to do that." I peck her forehead before reluctantly moving away.

"There's nothing I can really do. But come on, we need to get to Scott." I say as we hop into my Jeep.

"Why? Where's Scott?" She asks.

"Kate's funeral."

"Oh, cheerful."

**************

"Who the hell is that?" I ask Scott, talking about the elderly man talking to Allison, two bodyguards standing closely behind him. The elderly man is dressed in a back suit and he has nearly balding head with a strong and naturally dark expression plastered onto his face. Scott, Claire and I are crouched behind a tall statue as we all keep an eye on Allison and her family, mainly so Scott can support his girlfriend.

"He's definitely an Argent." Scott says and Claire sighs behind me.

"Hey, you know maybe they're just here for the funeral." I say trying to lighten up the mood. "I mean, what if they're from the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents, right?" My nerves take over my body as I desperately ask this. We really don't need any more hunters in Beacon Hills.