Intro

Sixteen and a half years have passed since the birth of the triplets.

Art had been right in his assessment that Three would be a rebel. Refusing to accept her status as a girl, she's taken on the name of Kai and behaves like a boy. While her brothers Baez and August are being trained as Royal Bodyguards, she enjoys her freedom as a runner for her Father. It was the only position he would allow her to hold, being strict in his rule that women had no place in the Army. Of course Kai herself had very different thoughts on the subject.                                                                                                                             
The world they live in is turned into turmoil when the King of Duran is assassinated in exile. All signs indicate that the hitman was from the kingdom of Cho even though this is denied by King Dominic of Cho. The exiled Prince of Duran swears his revenge. Skirmishes along the border between the two kingdoms seem to increase in frequency and intensity forcing the hand of King Dominic to send his two children; The Crown-prince Cedric and the Princess Selene to stay with their uncle, the King Consort Rafael.  

Our story continues with the arrival of the Royal Party.