[15.]

Adrian caresses my bare skin with his fingers while I'm lying over his chest, my body sprawled on top of him, completely unable to move. He exhausted me today. I could fall asleep just where I am.

Adrian doesn't speak. But when his hand comes down to my sore ass, I wince and move away from his touch. no

I try to sit up, but Adrian doesn't let me. I let out a noise of disapproval. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

He caresses my hair now. I can't stand this. His touch is so soft, so sensual, so ... not what I expected. I didn't expect any cuddling after sex. That's a dangerous territory. He's showing me his soft side and that means my heart is in danger.

I don't wait for his reply and I ask him anyway, "Are you always this rough during, you know ... sex?"

Adrian chuckles. Actually chuckles! "Rough? Cassandra, I wasn't even remotely rough with you."

"My ass says otherwise," I grumble, trying not to start sulking at him laughing at me. If he thinks that wasn't rough, I'm afraid to know what he's actually capable of. And I doubt I want him to physically hurt me during sex.

"I like to see my mark on your ass. It's mine now – I own it."

I scoff. "That's very presumptuous of you to say."

"Presumptuous? How many orgasms did I give you in one day?" Adrian asks. I stay quiet. "Exactly."

"That doesn't mean you actually own any part of me." I slowly sit up, trying not to put too much pressure on my sensitive ass. Damn, he really did a good job on it.

"I'm really tired," I tell him as an explanation, even though he doesn't demand one. I put my uniform over my head, not bothering to tie it properly in the front. I hope no one will see me in the hallway to my room.

I know Mrs Welch sleeps in another bedroom. I've started guessing what kind of marriage these two have. The time I've been here, I haven't seen them communicating a lot. There doesn't seem to be any love or affection involved.

But who am I to judge?

"I'm not throwing you out," Adrian says.

I pause to look at him, wondering if he's implying on what I'm thinking. "You don't have to. I'm going on my own."

Adrian sighs and sits up straighter on the couch, resting his elbows on his knees. He's still gloriously naked, his hair deliciously ruffled, his skin glistening from the sweat. He looks amazing, naked or dressed. Un hombre magnifico.

"What I'm saying is, you can spend the night here," Adrian says what I already suspected he wanted to say before.

I grimace. "I don't think that would be wise. I have my own room, I really don't want anyone finding out about this. Do you?" Does he really want to be that irresponsible? Does he really want to humiliate me? I don't even want to know what would Mrs Welch say if she saw me coming out of her husband's bedroom in the morning. Although I'm pretty sure Milena already knows what's going on, but that doesn't mean I want everyone to know.

"You're overthinking. This is still my house and I can do whatever I want in it, no questions asked."

"And I'm still a maid who's sleeping with her married boss." I lift my eyebrow at him. "Goodnight, Adrian. See you at breakfast."

"Infuriating women," I hear Adrian mutter under his breath when I leave his room. I head straight to my room as quick and quiet as I can, making sure there's no one who could see me.