Chapter 13: Again!

I'm getting really annoyed, I'm always waking up in the hospital! This is what, my third time in here since I've moved to New York?

I saw a familiar face, it was the doctor I had on my second visit here. "So you end up here again, huh Jessica?" Isn't that a little unprofessional?

I didn't reply, I just left a pissed expression on my face. "When can I leave?" I asked furiously. "In a few hours, but your friend Kaylan will have to wait a few days," he replied.

 I'm glad I don't have to stay here too long, but what happened to Kaylan? The doctor must of read my expression because he starts to talk again. "Your friend Kaylan got third-degree burns in various places of her body."

...

It's been two weeks since Kaylan has been admitted from the hospital and 3 weeks for me. Kaylan has burns on her upper neck, but they get covered by her long hair. She also has burns on the backs of her hands and her stomach.

The police officers looked into our evidence and they want to see us today. We are going to the police department. Kaylan was a little paranoid about driving, so she decided to call an Uber.

...

A brand new 2018 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 43 SUV showed up in style to pick us up:

The uber driver was very attractive and he was playing the song 'Uber Everywhere' on the radio

"Hello, my name is Giovanni and I'm your Uber driver," he said. I tried to do something without making a fool out of myself so I just waved awkwardly and got into his nice car, Kaylan did the same.

He has to be at the most 18. His hair was silky but short, it was also spiky but was shaved lower at the sides. He had sparkling blue eyes and a light Brazillian accent. His voice was very deep but soft. He was around 6'3 and was fairly muscular. This guy could be a model.

By the time I finished my daydreaming, we were at the police department already. "We've reached your destination," Giovanni said. I giggled and opened the car door, got out, and closed it. 

Giovanni's window was opened. "Nice meeting you, my name is Jessica," I approached with my best flirtatious smile. He returned my smile and I continued to walk off.

I caught up with Jessica and our Uber driver drove off. "What was that all about?" Kaylan questioned with a teasing tone. I quickly blushed, "Nothing." 

She looked at me in disbelief. I politely opened the door for Kaylan and walked into the department. "Here we go," I complained with a sigh.

"Jessica, Kaylan, we've been waiting for you!" A police officer excited. The officer motioned a following sign with his hand and we did as implied. He took us to some room with a big table, a bunch of chairs, and many police officers.

"We have some news for you, do you want to hear the good news, or the bad news first?" A police officer questioned.

"The bad news," both Kaylan and I exclaimed. "Okay, the bad news is that Liam Timothy is still alive, the good news is also that Liam Timothy is alive."

I get what the cop means, I'm relieved that we're right, but I'm scared because sometimes the police aren't always successful catching bad guys. Kaylan and I both sighed, I bet she sighed with relief and worry like I did.

"We know this because of the help of you and our security cameras." Wait how does security cameras have to do anything to do with this?

"When you came here a few weeks ago, the day Kaylan's car exploded we found something interesting. This was recorded 10 minutes before you got in your car."

A police officer with short blonde hair showed us a tape. In the tape, there was Liam. He had on a black Jansport backpack, black sunglasses, black clothes, and a black baseball cap. He was walking toward Kaylan's car, he got onto his knees and took something out of his backpack. He put something under the car and left.

A few minutes later it showed Kaylan and I getting into her black Honda. It showed the explosion, it was very painful to watch and tears started to form in my eyes. An officer passed me a tissue box. This is all my fault, I've hurt so many people just because of my issues.

My mom is a freaking prostitute and landed herself and Kaylan's dad in jail. I had a crazy ex-boyfriend who landed Kaylan in the hospital for weeks. I lost a close friend because I messed up my relationship with her twin brother. 

I am such a disaster. Thinking of it just made me want to cry more. Everyone is gone; my family, my friends. But I have Kaylan, she's a true friend and that's all that matters- having someone you can count on.

...

We discussed a lot of things at the meeting. The NYPD is doing the best they can to look for Liam. We walked out of the police station with relief that our problem is finally being solved.

Our Uber ride came just in time since Kaylan's phone just died, and I didn't have my phone on me. This time there was a very old and scratched up car driving us:

A/N- It's not the end of the chapter yet but does anyone see Homer Simpson in the background? Anyways continuing to the story-

The Uber driver didn't greet us, he was kind of rude. I could tell from his body language. I hesitantly got into the car and took a seat. The seats were hard as a rock and my seatbelt didn't work.

"Long time no see girls," the Uber driver said.

I gasped, I could recognize that voice from anywhere. It was Liam, Liam Timothy. You know how I said that I'm relieved that our problems are being solved? Forget that!

A/N-  That was pretty long chapter huh? I'm just going to casually end this chapter by saying I hope you enjoyed and if you did share, comment, and vote.

P.S. and if you didn't- still; share, comment, and vote.

PLEASE VOTE C: P.P.S. I think I've said it enough for you to do it.

- Your's truly, Allison <3

P.P.P.S. When this book hit chapter 15, I will start a new book but I will still update this one on Tuesday's and Thurday's