Soulmate AU

Member: Wonpil & Jae

Genre: Fantasy

People search their whole lives and some never find them. Those people are called, Hopeless. They survive without their light. Some argue that they're not even living.

"Wonpil," I gently brush my finger down the bridge of his nose. "wake up."

He groans, giving me baby soft smile. I use his name again, pushing up the tip of his nose. Wonpil laughs, pulling my hand to kiss the fingertips. I remember the day we met. The world seemed to fall into place around his very being.

I am Wonpil's soulmate.

"I love you." His eyes open, revealing the crossed irises that always seem to make me smile.

"Look what I made for you my prince!" I lift up my flower crown of wilting daisies and earn an earnest smile. Wonpil's palms push into the plush grass to sit himself up against the oak tree he'd been asleep under for 15 minutes. The crown falls down his thick bangs while he stretches his arms out, resembling the long wooden limbs above him. The ocean just over the cliff ahead rolls leaving mist and whooshes in their wake. The air smells of salt and mineral.

Wonpil wraps his arms around me, he too smells of the earth. He looks over my shoulder to his best friend, Jae.

Jae has character to say the least. With his unnecessary wire rimmed glasses, his tendency to wear soft colors, the lilt in his laugh, his gaze, his inability to pay attention, the way that he seems to not be able to control his limbs, Jae envelops people with joy.

"Look," Wonpil huffs in my ear, pointing to Jae. Chills run up my spine at the sound of his name, carefully, I look. His hair is whipping in the wind while he plays on a childless jungle gym. I watch in awe as he swings, the purest form of happiness falls on his face, before he literally falls flat on his face in the bark. I gasp and jump to my feet after Jae, Wonpil not far behind. My shoe-less feet warn me against running in the bark but ignore the hesitation, jumping right in after the fool.

"Jae!" I call out getting to him in time for him to flip over. Jae's face is beet red, "yeah?" A smile grows on my face with his laughter. Reaching out I help him sit up, removing the pieces of bark from his hair with care. I look over his face, frantically searching for cuts or bumps and in that moment, I don't mean to, but I look him in the eye. A whole universe lies on either side of us, pushing he and I together. The intensity of our pulse, the rising of our bodies temperatures, the indescribable compelling to hold one another, this only happens with one other soul in a lifetime. Our eyes tear away at the sound of Wonpil's gleeful voice. Our hearts beat in unison and breathlessly once again come to a two-edged conclusion:

I am Jae's soulmate, and Jae is mine.

The End

This was meant to be a short little oof  kind of piece. 

Did you feel the oof

Nah? 

Nah,

Okay.