Ch. 5 I Couldn't Think of a Name for this Chapter So Here We Go

Yeah, I'm serious. I kept trying to come up with one, but I couldn't, so I'm just gonna roll with it. Have fun.

---

Michael was really tired of walking places. He had figured out that he could travel ridiculously fast with all the powers he got from Omega-Xis, but he constantly found himself having to go somewhere with people who didn't have the same capabilities. 

The worst part was, Sonia probably was capable of it. She just didn't feel comfortable with it.

Michael was very hesitant to let her come. He had already suited up earlier for the purpose of protecting her (even though she arguably saved his butt more in the battle), and now bringing her along just seemed really counter intuitive. Regardless, as they made their way to the origin of the signal, he felt a little reassured knowing she was there. It was better someone have his back than be completely alone.

Sonia tried to make casual conversation. "So how long have you known Rock?"

"Seven years or so." Michael answered.

She nodded. "And the...Mega Man thing?"

"Just over a year ago."

She frowned. "So was he always a robot?"

Michael looked over at her and gave her a shrug. "No, he just magically woke up one day as a super fighting piece of machinery."

She smiled a little. "I'm just genuinely curious."

"Yeah, well I can't really tell you much more than that. I can't claim to understand the science of this stuff."

Omega-Xis chuckled. "Trust me kid. No one thought you could."

Sonia barely covered her mouth as she tried to prevent her laughter from slipping out.

A small grunt came from Sonia's suit. "You all are surprisingly chatty going into a battle over one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy." Lyra noted.

Michael shrugged. "I gotta do something to keep my mind off of things. Like how we'll very likely die. Or about how they've got my best friend."

Sonia moved a little closer and rested a hand on his shoulder. "We'll get him back. Somehow."

Upon finally arriving, the place turned out to be an old lot next to a warehouse. "This is it." Michael announced.

None of them said anything as they approached the door. As they stood in front of it, the wind whistled through the area, gently blowing Michael and Sonia's hair. Michael ran a hand along the wall. "Let's do this."

As soon as the words had left his mouth, he was suddenly snatched off the ground and quickly taken into the air. Michael couldn't even let out a yelp, as the sudden rush of air instantly drowned all the sound he made. He twisted around in the grip to see his captor. Their body was long and thin, covered in turquoise armor, save for a white helmet over his head that resembled a swan. Large white wings extended out from his body. An emotionless human face stared down at him.

Michael grunted, straining his body against the grip. He could feel that this new opponent wasn't very physically strong, so he pushed against the arms that were wrapped around him, barely managing to free up his cannon arm. 

Omega-Xis was alarmed. "Kid, don't do it!"

Michael was distracted and filled with adrenaline. He raised the weapon and fired at his target's chest. They were definitely affected, recoiling and letting Michael go.

The only problem with this was that they were now several stories in the air.

"IDIOT!!" Omega-Xis screamed into his ear. Michael couldn't really argue, seeing as he couldn't speak with all the wind.