Ch. 6 The Doctor Is in Part 1

Flash Man's first day of work was not going over well with him, particularly since he didn't technically have his own job.

He had been staying at Light Labs for almost four weeks, and finally Dr. Light had decided that since Flash Man still had not been accepted for a dream job, he would see to it that he got any kind of job so that the robot would stop bothering him.

Unfortunately, this happened to be with one of Flash Man's least favorite brothers, Wood Man. It wasn't that the two didn't get along, it was that they shared no interests whatsoever. Regardless, Flash Man tried to be optimistic going in, as Wood Man welcomed him into the nature preserve where he worked.

He quickly abandoned the optimism though, seeing as they were now twenty minutes into the "tour" Wood Man was giving, and Flash Man estimated they had moved about 20 feet. 

Flash Man impatiently tapped his foot, ignoring virtually every word out of Wood's mouth. After his brother had spent another seven minutes on one plant, he decided it was time to get moving. Flash cleared his throat, causing his brother to turn around. Flash Man nodded toward the path, hoping to indicate that they should get moving.

Wood Man, however, misinterpreted to what he was referring. "Oh, the Dipsacus fullonum? I can understand why you'd want to go to that one ahead of time. Very fascinating, the plant isn't actually native to this area..."

Flash wasn't sure whether he would destroy Wood Man or himself first.

-Meanwhile-

"No, it's not a problem at all." I assured Tempo over the phone. "I don't have anything to do today, so I'll just be at Light Labs for a while..."

"Okay, that's good. I just didn't want to be a bother since, well, I'm going to be bringing a little...surprise."

I smiled a little. "Really? And what would that be?"

She quickly changed the subject. "It's nothing special. I'll just be glad to get back to some sense of normalcy."

"Huh." I replied. "Well, sure, you can stop by whenever you want, none of us will mind. There's certainly a lot to talk about."

"I hope so." She replied. 

"I guess I'll see you when you get here." I hung up and slipped my phone into a pocket, and looked up just as I bumped into someone from behind. I quickly stepped back, and got a better look. The person I had encountered was wearing a white lab coat, much like Dr. Light would, and turned towards me to reveal his face. He had dirty blonde hair which spike up in an unkempt look over his head. He wore a pair of thin glasses, and had very thick facial hair that gave him a serious look.

Glancing down at me, his face lit up, and he spoke with a startling Russian accent, "My my, and is this the robot hero you've told me so much about?"

I was startled, and didn't really know how to reply. Dr. Light, appeared behind and managed to squeeze past, and smiled. "Indeed it is. Good to see you again Rock." He turned toward his colleague. "This is a good friend of mine, Dr. Mikhail Sergeyevich Cossack."

"You may simply call me Cossack, if you much prefer it." He added.

I nodded. "That sounds better."

Cossack eagerly extended a hand, and after a brief glance at Dr. Light for assurance, I took it and we shook.

Dr. Cossack leaned a little closer to me. "Remarkable, he seems so human. You truly did a phenomenal job. I only hope that I will someday reach your level of expertise. I have been working on a number of designs I believe will serve significant purpose. Unfortunately, I'm short on funds since my last creation, and I am so very close to a breakthrough."