Ch. 7 The Doctor Is in Part 2

I quickly jumped aside, the bottoms of my feet sliding across the ground. I quickly prepared my buster, but it turned out to be fruitless. As soon as I started to turn towards the robot, it disappeared from my vision, and I felt it throw me to the ground.

I blinked in surprise, and the skull-shaped head appeared again, looking down at me with a sinister grin. Quick Man laughed. "Oh, these are gonna be such fun times."

I grunted. "You're messed up, you know that?"

The robot leaned closer. "Aw, what's the matter? Can't take a little joke?"

Metal Man's voice emerged shortly after, replying, "He has a point."

Quick Man growled. "Shut up. Let's kill him already."

I took advantage of their brief distraction, and pushed up off the ground, swinging my leg in an upward kick that knocked the large robot a short distance behind me. Not wasting any time, I got to my feet and fired a few quick shots. They seemed to make a little damage, but not even enough to make the robot flinch. It was quickly on its feet, and it threw a Metal Blade before rushing towards me.

I countered by stepping forward, barely catching the blade safely, and sending it into the robot's chest. It was able to pierce the exterior in a small incision. However, it quickly removed the blade and hurled it back again. This time, I was only able to avoid a direct hit, the sharp edge cutting across my side.

I stumbled back. The robot charged once again, and due to being out of sorts, I only desperately threw out a punch. My fist was grabbed out of midair, and it lifted me and spun me around, before tossing me at high speed into the concrete. I slid on my face, keeping my eyes closed until I eventually slowed to a stop, and my body flopped onto the ground. 

Painfully, I put myself on one knee. I spat out bits of asphalt. I felt a crack in the front of my helmet.

Quick Man shouted to me. "This is fun, Mega Man. Truly. But I've got an idea of how we can make this so much better."

I turned around and saw the robot reach out. It grabbed Vesper Woman around the waist.

My eyes widened with realization. "No."

---

Flash Man sighed. "Guess I knew you'd come back for us sometime, guys. I just didn't know when."

There was no reply. Wood Man leaned up from where he had been thrown by Flash Man. He gave his brother a worried look.

"Well?" Flash asked. "I know who you are, and why you're here. Are you really gonna spare yourselves the pride of admitting it? Show yourselves already!"

For a few quiet moments, there was nothing else. Suddenly, the wind picked up even higher than before, causing Flash to plant a hand on the ground to steady himself. Leaves blew off the trees, and the water in the small pond nearby rolled into small waves.

A small tornado spun through the air above the trees stopping above a point in front of Flash Man. It then shot down to the ground like a bullet, dispersing a large gust of wind in all directions, that nearly made Flash lose his grip.

When he looked up however, he was greeted with an unfamiliar robot. "What...are you...?"

Air Man's voice grunted from within. "It is good to see you as well, brother."

"C'mon!" Crash Man yelled, as the robot loaded a Crash Bomb on one arm. "Let's blow 'em to kingdom come!" The robot raised the arm to Flash Man, whose eyes widened. However, there was no weapon fired.

"Easy, brother. Let us first consult our...fallen siblings." Air Man assured Crash.

After a tense moment of hesitation, the arm lowered. "Fine."