+ jaemin

what really happened with jaemin?

jaemin and jeno were inseparable. they were almost connected at hip. they were always there for each other.

when jaemin had gotten his back injury back in seventh grade due to a basketball accident, jeno never left his side. everyday, day in and out, jeno stayed with him in the hospital. their parents couldn't convince jeno to leave so they let him take care of his best friend.

one day at the hospital, jaemin spoke up, "i'm really thankful for you, jeno."

jeno smiled and held his best friend's hand, "it's no problem."

"no- really. thank you for everything." jaemin was nearly crying now, "for being here for me everyday and for being such a good friend to me."

jeno couldn't help but tear up himself, "i'd do anything for you, nana."

and that's when na jaemin fell deeply, hopelessly, and painfully in love with lee jeno.

»»————————««

jaemin walked together with his friends to the cafe, chenle's loud laughing and mark's sudden bursts of english words was the usual background noise.

"have you been to this cafe before, nana?" jeno, who walked next to him, asked.

"nope. i've just heard about it." jaemin replied.

"sit next to me, okay?" jeno said, holding onto jaemin's arm, "i don't wanna sit next to haechan. he'll just keep on drinking from me!"

jaemin laughed, "of course!" he's holding onto me... oh my god.

they make it to the cafe,

"minhyung hyung, let's get booth seats!"

»»————————««

oh will you two stop flirting and just sit over here already!" haechan yelled, and everyone erupted in laughter.

jaemin was laughing but inside he felt like dying. oh god, why isn't that me instead?

the day was good but

jeno distanced away.

»»————————««

jaemin just wanted to have quality time with jeno but he was too busy with andy now.

"jeno-" he tried but the boy was too busy flirting with andy to notice him. jaemin frowned.

he walked over to megan and tried to get her to notice him, distract him so he doesn't start getting all sad about jeno.

"—jeno's with andy." he rolled his eyes and sat down, playing tictactoe with megan til the bell rang.

»»————————««

jaemin layed on his bed, on his phone.

baNANA:
hey jenoooo, do you wanna hangout this weekend?

milk boi:
sorry jaemin. i have plans with andy! maybe next time?

jaemin frowned, he never calls him jaemin. he calls him nana.

baNANA:
oh okay. next time is fine. have fun!

baNANA:
goodnight, nono!
seen, 9:24 pm.

»»————————««

"jaemin-ah.." jeno leaned over to him, "i need to ask you something."

jaemin heart beats fast, "of c-course!"

"don't make fun of me, okay?" jeno fiddles with his fingers.

"yeah! no judgment here," jaemin smiles, "i swear."

jeno looks up nervously, "should i confess to andy already?"

jaemin's face fell.

"i-i really like her, jaemin..." jeno smiles nervously, "she gives me butterflies. i've never felt this way towards anyone before. it's like... whenever i see her smile, my day just turns even brighter." he gushes.

jaemin's eyes soften, 'he really does love her.'

jaemin smiled weakly, "then tell her."

he gave him up
but it broke his heart.