+ secret admirer

she was his first friend,
first crush, first love.

jisung was only in seventh grade when he had moved schools. his parents had a business in this town and they decided it was fine that they had moved.

it was the first day. jisung was so nervous. he didn't know anybody.

"okay class, this is jisung! he's our new classmate. treat him well, okay?"

he stayed in front, waiting for the teacher's instructions. she leaned down and said to him, "you can sit next to her," and she pointed to a pretty girl seated by the window.

he walked over and sat next to her. she smiled at hin.

"hi, i'm megan!"

"i'm jisung..." he said quietly.

"it's nice to meet you."

"me too."

»»————————««

"i've had a crush on her since 7th grade... i feel like i should confess already..." jisung said to jeno, holding the chocolates he got her.

"i think you should do it now or else he'll beat you to it." jeno says, arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

jisung sighed, 'haechan hyung, please don't,' he thinks.

they talk for a while and soon enough, he goes back to the table. he sees megan isn't there but her bag is. he looks around, sees nobody is paying attention to him, so he put the chocolates and the letter in her bag.

»»————————««

he managed to persuade the janitor to open the code of her locker for him, with a little bit of bribing that is. man, cleaning his shoes for a week? kinda worth it.

he opens her locker and puts the personalized stickers and letter in it. suddenly, the bell rings and he quickly closes the locker and runs away.

»»————————««

he pretends to listen to chloe's story about hannah, but only renjun is paying attention. whipped.

he looks around to see megan writing on her notebook with jaemin. he smiles when she suddenly laughs, a victorious smile on her face while jaemin looks defeated. "i win again!" she laughs.

the bell rings and they all pack up. jisung pulls his hood up and takes the rose out of his bag and runs over to megan's table and drops it. he runs for his life after, wanting to stay hidden for as long as possible.

»»————————««

lab class with her was amazing, jisung thought. he watched as she did her work, looking concentrated and pretty as ever. she was almost unfazed and focused through the class which gave jisung good time to really see how beautiful she is.

he fiddled with the box in his pocket. while the students are completely focused and in their own world, he walks up to the professor.

"professor lee?" he asks, the professor turns to him, "yes?"

"this is kinda weird but..." jisung takes the box out, "do you think you could pass this to megan after class?" he whispers.

professor lee smiles, "that's cute, jisung-ie, of course i will!"

»»————————««

"you're not haechan?!"

jisung was shocked. he felt his hands shake, already nervous about the fact he was about to confess to his four year long crush.

"i was expecting somebody else..."

those words broke jisung's heart.

he was too late.

haechan had beaten him.

"i'll just leave." he says, running out of the room.

tears falling from his eyes, he runs to the rooftop of the school. he hides behind a pillar and tries to wipe away his tears but they unforgivingly kept falling. he waited four years for this.

"i was too late..."

and she didn't love him back.