Chapter 12: Searching ❌

Haylee's POV.
I ran and ran. I can't be the mate to an Alpha. I'll make his life miserable and only slow not only him down, but his pack as well. I'd be a terrible Luna for him.

What do I do now? I can't go back. I can't stay here. I could leave and find another pack out of the state. That's what I'll do.

Haylee, baby, where are you? I heard Hanns call in my mind. My heart broke when I heard his voice crack.

You won't have to babysit me any longer. Goodbye. With that I cut off our link. Something leaped in my path. I know this wolf. It's...

"Caden, what are you doing?" I broke out.

"Don't leave me, Hay. I need you. I want you. Please, come home with me," he quickly rambled.

"Little Mate, that is the last time you leave my side without my permission, am I clear?" My mate poured from the forest, followed by Hanns and Jace.

Caden, Jane, Drake, and Noah, growled in protection, stepping forward in front of me. While Jane stood by my side, her wolf brushed against mine.

My mate bared his teeth and lunged for Caden. Caden leaped for the side. My mate's wolf skidded in the dirt, and Caden pounced on him, taking him down.

"Caden, come on. Don't waste your time with him," Noah called.

"Don't touch my mate!" Zander barked.

"You can't tell other Alphas what to do," Drake snapped back.

"DON'T TOUCH MY..."

"I'm-I mean-we're coming with you too," Gina announced, pointing to Megan, Izzy, Dayla, and herself.

"No..." Zander murmured. "No! It's bad enough that you are taking my mate away from me, but you are certainly not going to take anyone else out of my pack! You are not going to take anyone, including my little mate, from me. Understood?" We all stared him in complete and utter shock.

"Zander," I whispered. He stared at me for a moment. I kind of felt bad for my mate since the others were huge no, no fans.

"Little mate, would you really leave me alone?" Alpha Zander asked, looking at me with saddened eyes.

"I-uhm," I chimed.

"You would, wouldn't you? I knew it. You aren't the type of mate that loves and cherishes her mate. I can't believe that I am the Alpha who has that type of mate," Zander said.

"But, Zander!" I called.

"No. I'm so sorry Moon Goddess," he whispered, turning to face me before continuing, "I, Alpha Zander Minac Ranns, here by reject you, Third in Command Haylee Hella Delles, as my mate."

My heart shattered. This was it. My one and only time to be with a mate. I blew it. He didn't want me. Now, he on the other hand, will have a second mate, since he is an Alpha after all. But, I lost my mate and partner. I have nothing now. What now?

"Zander, you-you're leaving me alone?"

"Yes. Now out of my sight."

--------
To continue: 175 veiws