Chapter 4

The drive home was really silent, both of us not making any sound. It was really uncomfortable sitting on the passenger seat while your brother was driving and that you just established a fight over some smooth conversation amidst the boy you just met at the park not so long ago. The way Louis acted awhile ago made me really curious about why he went crazy over seeing me talk to Harry. What was behind that? I'm eager to go home and let him explain why he behaved in that certain way. I mean, I know that I've made a conversation with a person I just met and that I still don't know every little thing about him might flip the hell out of him, but that's that, nothing more, nothing less.

A few minutes later, we already arrived home. Louis pulled out the driveway safely. Shockingly, his speed wasn't above 80 kph this time. Maybe because he knew that it'll just worsen up the whole situation. I'm glad he's acting matured now. I removed my seatbelt then gathered my things and made my way through the house avoiding a conversation with Louis. The door made a creaking sound as I opened it and removed my shoes and placed it on the rack beside the door.

The house was empty and dark, surrounded by the cold air of the winter season. Our parents weren't here so that explains why the house is so dark and has no lights on. We left about like seven hours ago then we made sure everything's safe and sound.

I sat on the soft couch as I watched Louis take off his shoes and placed it also on the shoe rack, waiting for him to lend me an explanation about what just happened awhile ago. I wasn't disappointed that mine and Harry's conversation was interrupted but one thing that bothered me the most is that Louis just barged in and dragged me out of the house and then later on, he shouted at me like a complete asshole, with me not knowing the whole reason about it. Who wouldn't be angry with that? I huffed and crossed my arms as I eyed Louis sitting across me by the black leather couch.

"So what, are you gonna explain what happened to me or not?" I stated, still crossing my arms and eyeing him intensely. His eyes were bloodshot due to staying up this late at night and thanks to the amount of alcohol he drunk from that party. He should thank God that mum and dad isn't here or else he's gonna spend his night hearing exhortation about him drinking too much.

He sighed before answering, "Just go to bed and I'll explain that on the mornin'. I'll answer everything you want to ask tomorrow when I'm sober. My head's throbbing already."

"That's what you get for drinking too much. Come on, let's head upstairs and take a good night's sleep." He smiled at me and rested his arm around my shoulder. I assisted him to clamber up the stairs and get him in his room. As we entered his room, Louis was sprawled all over his massive bed. I chuckled and closed his bedroom door. I went across the hallway towards my room to get a rest as well.

As I was about to head out the shower to change my clothes, I then received a text from an unknown number. I opened it and was shocked to see what's inside.

079********: hey, you still awake? x

me: um, who's this?

: sorry, it's Harry x

me: oh okay, I'm about to sleep now.

I remembered that we already exchanged numbers not long ago from that party. I immediately added the phone number to my contacts list for further communication.

Harry: You better head out now, talk to you tomorrow x

me: okay, bye Harry, good night! :))

Harry: good night x

I placed my phone on the bedside table, leaving my face with a wide smile after the text Harry sent me. Butterflies went crazy in the pit of my stomach. I turned the lights off and decided not to turn off the lamp. I went under the covers and drifted off to sleep.