Beautiful

"...Jessica...Ruth...say hello to your son." Dr. Rice said.

Jessica's tears rolled down her cheeks but she wore a huge smile on her face. She turned to Ruth and saw that Ruth too had tears rolling down her cheeks.

Ruth looked at Jessica and brought her hand up closer to her face so she could place a kiss on Jessica's hand. They were both overjoyed.

Dr. Rice continued to check on the baby then he took some stills so he could print out some prints for Jessica and Ruth.

After, the appointment, Jessica couldn't keep they smile off of her face.

She and Ruth headed home; Jessica immediately called her parents inviting them over for dinner so she could tell them the gender of the baby.

Jessica even called Wayne and Ashley hoping they could come too. They said they didn't have any classes the next day so they would come over to dinner and spend the night.

Jessica was so excited that she would get spend some time with Wayne and Ashley.

Ruth then called her mother and told her that they had found out the gender of the baby but because of Roy Sr.'s health, Jessica and Ruth decided to make a dinner the next night over at the her parents home to tell Ruth's side of the family about the gender of the new addition.

Ruth cooked dinner while Jessica rested. Patty Ann joined her mother in the bedroom and laid down next to Jessica.

Patty Ann just told her mother about her day in school and just caught her mother up on what was going on in her life.

Jessica was so happy that Patty Ann would come to her with anything she wanted to share and they would have conversations of any concerns Patty Ann may have.

After some time, Wayne and Ashley arrived followed by Albert and Dorothy. Soon dinner was served and everyone sat around the dining room table. They all caught up on what they have been up to then when they finished with dinner, Jessica and Ruth stood up and announced the gender of their baby.

"It's a boy!" Jessica said excitedly; she couldn't keep in any longer.

Everyone let out a squeal of excitement; they all stood up and hugged Jessica and Ruth.

After a moment of celebration, everyone started to calm down and they all retreated to the living room.

Patty Ann volunteered to wash the dishes and clean up. She wanted to do whatever she could to help her mother.

Soon, the night came to an end and Dorothy and Albert left back to their home while Wayne and Ashley stayed the night in his old room.

Before heading to bed, they all played a board game like they used to do when Wayne and Patty Ann were younger.

Also before bed, Jessica and Ruth spoke to Wayne about switching rooms with Patty Ann.

Patty Ann's room was right next to Jessica's and Ruth's bedroom and they wanted that room to be the nursery.

Wayne's room was bigger than Patty Ann's and she was excited about the idea. She hoped her big brother would say yes about switching rooms.

Even though Wayne no longer lived in their home, Jessica still wanted to speak to him about it.

Wayne of course had no problem with the idea. He knew that the new baby would need to be closer to his parents bedroom so he said yes.

Wayne decided to take home whatever he felt was sentimental to him and donate whatever he didn't want anymore. He and Ashley would just stay in the guest bedroom from now on if they ever slept over.