009

Chapter Nine

Awkward, much?

Ashley POV

I pulled up into the school's parking lot, closed my car door behind me and took a moment to look around.

Entering the school building, I headed straight to my locker. As I opened it, I glanced in a particular direction.

There was Tyson, at his locker, talking to a girl. She wore a short skirt and crop top paired with sneakers, while I wore (A/n - Picture above).

Tyson glanced my way twice before locking eyes with me. I decided to ignore his gaze, focusing on my locker.

"Well, someone's a sleepy head." He suddenly came by, as he leaned against the locker next to mine.

I continued to rummage through my locker, pretending not to notice him.

"How was the hangover?" He continued when I remained silent and I shot him a glare.

"It was that bad, huh?" Tyson chuckled as I placed two books in my locker, having missed the first session.

"So, I'm guessing you remember our little kiss, right?" He caught my attention.

I froze, turning to him. "What?"

He nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. "I was starting to think you lost your voice." He told me, keenly watching me as I closed my locker.

"What kiss are you talking about? We never kissed." I scoffed, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"I thought you said you liked it last night." He lifted an eyebrow before leaning into my personal space and making me look him in the eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I slightly shoved him in the chest.

He chuckled, pulling away. "I knew you wouldn't remember everything." He shook his head, stretching his arms.

"I remember you almost beating a guy and that I had way too much alcohol, but nothing about a kiss." I recalled fragments from last night.

He chuckled, softly.

"So, you remember almost stripping on the kitchen counter and yelling that you didn't want to go home?" He made playful exaggerated gestures over his chest.

I smacked his arm. "I wasn't going to strip." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

He scoffed, looking at me. "So, why can't you remember our kiss?"

I rolled my eyes, leaning against my locker and looking away.

"Should I remind you of how it felt?" Tyson inquired, standing in front of me and placing a hand against my locker.

"You might remember, you know." He added, looking into my eyes and I quietly stared back.

"What are you...?" I started, but he placed a finger against my lips.

"I'm trying to remind you." He claimed, leaning in slowly. I saw a mischievous smile creeping onto his face as he moved closer.

"That's not going to work on me." I quickly slipped from his embrace, realizing he was just messing with me.