014

Chapter Fourteen

It's a puppy!

Ashley POV

"Well, this is a sight to see." A voice remarked.

I groaned, slowly opening my eyes and squinting at the brightness. Then, I found myself surrounded by a group of boys, blinking twice at the sudden sight. 

My frown deepened when I noticed they all were wearing shirts, which felt strangely out of place.

"What the fuck?" I heard a muffled groan from what I thought was my pillow. Confused, I looked around, remembering pillows don't talk.

My eyes shot down to see Tyson glaring at the boys. We both were on the sofa in the living room and I was laying against his chest. 

I immediately flew up, trying to catch my balance and someone held my hand, steadying me.

"You should be more careful." The person warned. I looked up to see a boy with grayish eyes and light brown hair styled in a low fade.

"Yeah." I chuckled softly as I stood straight, on my guard and he released my hand.

"My name is Carlos." He introduced himself with a slight smile, pulling his headset down from his ears.

I nodded slowly. "Ashley."

"And I am Scott." The other unknown boy, standing in the living room, introduced himself. His hair was ginger-red and tousled, chestnut eyes and he had an earlobe piercing.

I nodded again, acknowledging him.

"What are you guys doing here this early?" Tyson asked, sitting up on the sofa while ruffling his hair. His question caught everyone's attention.

Carlos shrugged, looking between us. "We came to see you, but it seems like you had an interesting night."

"Yeah, we didn’t expect to find you all cozy on the sofa." Scott added with a smirk, crossing his arms.

Tyson rolled his eyes. "Nothing happened. We were just watching a movie and she fell asleep."

I nodded, awkwardly backing him up. "Yeah, I was just really tired."

"Sure, sure." Mason teased, winking at me as he relaxed in the sofa chair. "We believe you."

"Anyway, truth be told, we heard about the meeting from Tyler and thought we'd drop by today." Carlos mentioned, moving over to the coffee table to grab a newspaper.

Scott nodded in agreement. "We wanted to see what the fuss was about and meet the infamous Ashley Sky in person."

I rolled my eyes, still feeling the remnants of sleep clinging to me. They looked vaguely familiar, probably from school. "Well, here I am." I shrugged, trying to sound more awake than I felt.

"Sorry about the wake-up call." Carlos said, glancing at me as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, didn't mean to interrupt your beauty sleep." Scott added, smirking.

I laughed lightly, waving dismissively at them. "It's fine."

Tyson stood up, stretching his arms. "Alright, where's Noah?"

"He better not be in the kitchen." Tyson muttered before quickly exiting the room.

"Noah...remember my share!" Scott yelled, jogging behind Tyson and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

"Fuck you, bitches!" Noah’s voice echoed through the house in response.

"They’re complete idiots." Carlos sighed, his gaze fixed on the newspaper.