013

To be continued...

Chapter Thirteen

The Alliances?

Ashley POV

"As you all know, the recent shootout I faced is the reason behind this." Tyson continued, standing up from the sofa. I remained quiet, processing his words.

"We're not going to kill her, right?" Noah asked with a slight groan, leaning against Mason's chair.

"Excuse me?" I blurted, staring at Tyson. He shook his head, calmly.

"He's just joking, we don't murder innocent girls." Mason assured, glaring at Noah. I raised an eyebrow, suspiciously.

"Or women." Tyler added with a shrug and Noah chuckled nervously when he caught me staring at him.

"Nor children." Chase confirmed as well.

"My bad, I thought the Boss was changing the rules." Noah claimed with an upside-down smile.

"The boss? Does he mean the Mafia boss or you as their gang leader?" I commented, glancing at Tyson as he leaned against the nearest wall.

"She knows about the family too?" Chase suddenly turns his gaze to Tyson, taken aback.

"Well, that could be a problem." Tyler warned, looking at Tyson as well.

"Just for clarification, I know very little about this organization." I admitted, looking between them, as I had unanswered questions. "I don't know how many gangs are involved...their divisional leaders or anything about the Boss."

"Only the division leaders in this alliance have actually seen the Boss." Noah informed me, his gaze tense.

"And the scouts?" I recalled, glancing at Tyson. Noah nodded.

"And any disobedient subordinate." Tyler added, touching the scar over his eyebrow before rolling his eyes.

"I'm sure she knows what she needs for now." Mason reasoned with the boys and Tyson nodded.

"So, I take it that you're not afraid of us?" Noah scratched the back of his head, his attention on me.

"Should I be?" I asked, slightly brushing the fringes from my face. Noah smirked in response.

"As I was saying, she knows just a little." Tyson broke the silence, gesturing toward me. "And it was confirmed that a gang from the western division was behind the shootout after I reported to the Boss, which was quite predictable."

"Western division?" I noted, keenly watching him. Tyson nodded, his eyes meeting mine with a serious expression.

"There are four main divisions in the city, each has a different number of gangs, assumed to be loyal in command to their divisional leaders." He explained, raising four fingers in emphasis as we locked eyes. "Western, Southern, Eastern and Northern."

"The Mafia controls all four divisions by appointing two of the strongest, committed and devoted gang leaders, to each division, thus, first and second in command divisional leaders." He continued, his tone steady.

"But, the Western division started to rebel against the family over disagreements about territory and power distribution." He added, running a hand through his hair, the tension evident on his face.

So, there are eight division leaders, two appointed to each division... If Tyson is one of the leaders, who is the second in command of his division?

"Of course, the family could have wiped out the division, but that would cause a war in the city." Mason interjected, catching my attention. I nodded, absorbing the situation.