Chapter 7

SONG BY "THE WANTED" TO SET THE MOOD TOWARD THE ENDING

Multi P.O.V.s throughout

Haylie P.O.V.

We took his car since, despite my self-promise not to drive with him yet, taxis were way too hard to find at this time. His Ferrari Spider moved fast but he seemed to have complete control over it which gave me every ounce of reassurance. "Erica lives on 132, right?' He asked, cutting a sharp turn and closing in on the biggest party of the year. I nodded my response and he began to slow the racecar and readied it to park. As we approached the mansion, easily spotted was a drunkard jumping off the roof and easily heard was the blaring chorus of I'm sexy and I know it.

"Damn, what kind of people do you hang out with?" Ace questioned with a smirk, pulling to a stop and gazing at the jumper as he plopped into the pool.

"Hey, you're related to the girl that hosts these like once a month!" I fired back, nudging his shoulder playfully. Then he kind of took me by surprise as he leaned over a kissed my lips gently. With just that small motion, I felt like my breath was taken away. I felt my whole body grow warm with unbelievable happiness. Like he loved me and it made me more happy than I thought it could. As he opened his door and one leg was out, I couldn't help grabbing onto his arm and yanking him back to my lips. I felt him smile which made me smile and he parted from me, resting his forehead on mine. 

"Hey, you never told me your boyfriend's name. Exx boyfriend." His voice was a bit husky from the kiss and as he repeated the title, he added extra emphasis on the 'ex'. 

"Well, not so sure about the ex part anymore."  I mumbled to myself, still uncertain on where Leon and I stood. Ace raised an eyebrow at me and scooted a bit further.

"You're not single anymore?" He now raised both his eyebrows. "I... I can't date someone who's taken, Haylie.' He forced out.

"No, no. We're not together." I confirmed, now hoping it was true.

"Then why did you sound so unsure?" He asked.

"So you asked about his name?" I begged my method of changing the subject to work. Ace nodded for me to go on. Silently thanking the Universe, I opened my mouth to reveal Leon's name when the white-blond-getting-closer-to-being-my-boyfriend let out a loud groan. Immediately I understood why. Another drunk teen stumbled up to the car and smashed a glass of rum onto the hood. Ace shoved himself out the door. I hadn't heard the conversation but Ace was, no doubt, having a nice argument with one of Erica's most common visitors. Jonah, the drunk teen, nodded in such a stiff and respectful that it almost seemed like he lost every ounce of his "drunkness", as if he was never drunk to begin with.

Jonah walked, steadily, back inside and Ace rushed to my door and opened it for me like a perfect gentleman but it didn't keep back my curiosity. "You wanna know what made him snap out of being drunk, right?" Ace verbalized my thoughts with a chuckle and all I could do was nod. "He claims he didn’t realize it was the beta, he apologized and then he stopped acting drunk."

"Acting?" I repeated in question.

"Yeah, werewolves can't get drunk. They just act the part to have fun."

Ace P.O.V.

I brought her into the mansion of drunk and high teenagers, greeted by my perky blond cousin, Erica. "Ace! Oh my gawwsh! Ace! I have missed you so bad! Welcome to the neighborhood!" She exclaimed and then, adding in a low voice. "And the pack... Officially." Then her eyes darted to Haylie and she gasped. "I mean, the family pack!" Erica attempted at a cover-up which only made Haylie reveal her beyond-beautiful smile.