Chapter 2

Photo showing - Haylie

Haylie P.O.V

NOTE TO READERS:

THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK, EVERY OTHER CHAPTER WILL INTERCHANGE BETWEEN HAYLIE & ACE P.O.V. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, Point Of Veiw.

THE NEXT DAY @ 5:49 P.M.

I checked my watch again. For whatever reason, I was anxious to see Ace. He was so... Como se dice... Forward friendly. And he definitely took my mind off of... Leon. Which I wish I could do 24/7. But that was near to impossible. Taking one more look in the mirror- rather, the hundredth look in the mirror- I began to doubt my outfit; pink tank top, black mini skirt. Maybe it screamed too "I'M TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!" or "I REALLY HOPE YOU THINK I'M SEXY!". But I was most confident in clothes that outlined my curves. I hated that about myself but anything less would make me feel boring. I plopped down on my queen-sized bed.

He was just a new neighbour, not the old Brad Pitt. Though he sure could out-do him, any day. But I had a boyfriend... Ex-boyfriend. Still couldn't wrap my head around why I was unable to accept that. But since Ace showed up, it got a lot easier. Maybe that's why I was trying to impress him, he made me feel better and anyone who could do that was worth the impression. Or maybe it was because he impressed me, flawlessly at that. Or possibly because he was the hottest thing that hit the earth since volcanoes.

Or... Because he was mate.

No! I did NOT believe in that wolf stuff! Or... Well, he did transform right in my house. So maybe I did believe it. But I most certainly didn't believe I was one of them. And if I was, I'd be more comfortable knowing that Leon was my mate than Ace. I mean who was he anyways? Some super gorgeous guy with an amazing smile and a great sense of humor who instantly likes me and wants to impress me. Okay, so maybe it would be nice to have Ace as a mate. But with Leon as a mate, it would sure clear up a lot of confusion concerning my irritating desperation for his love and attention.

I stood up and glanced in the mirror. It definitely looked too sexy. But if it were Leon, this outfit would have passed for okay. Yes, I lost my virginity to him but only because- and I know it sounds corny but- something in me just screamed out "Make him happy! Don't lose him!". It was unbearable to attempt to ignore it. Leon only allowed me to wear revealing clothes in front of him, unless we were at school. Several times he had pressured me into sneaking out to hook up in his car. He wasn't the best boyfriend in the world but I felt... Complete.

Then I accepted the Ace fact; I only want to impress him because I'm searching for a rebound.  Waltzing into my closet, I picked out a pair of seven jeans and a purple V-neck. I don't want to get wrapped up in him but I always dress to impress. I heard tyre wheels moving speedily across what sounded like stones or gravel. I left my walk-in closet to gaze out the window. There was a black Ferrari Spider pulling into Ace's driveway. And out came Ace. He was wearing a tuxedo, silk maybe, but it was all torn up. He locked the car door. Even from here, I could tell he looked pissed. Ace shoved his keys into his pocket and walked into his clearly unlocked front door.

For a few minutes, I contemplated showing up at all. But it would be rude to make an assumption and then just perform a no-show. I took in a deep breath like a big girl and slipped my feet into my All-Stars.

I rushed down the stairs. When I had been fully changed, It was 5:57. A minute had passed since then. Now the time was moving faster than I wanted. "Bye Papi. I'm going to the new neighbours' house." I announced. My parents kind of just let me do whatever- so long as it was reasonable- but I had to let them know first.