Chapter 8

Haylie P.O.V.

I woke the same way I fell asleep, in his arms.

But as my eyes creeped their way open, awareness washed over me. It was sunset, the next day. I was in his room, across from mine. My parents would be looking for me. I was a phone call away from being grounded.

He must have felt me stir in my mid-sleep-mid-awake stage because his smooth voice hushed my worry. "Shhh, my sweet angel. You are fine. Don't stress about anything. You slept the whole day. You were tired. Have you recovered from your terrible experience?" His voice was low and seductive in my ear.

"No. Unless... Is there a reason I should be?" I spoke just as seductively, turning on my back and staring into his smooth face, his eyes that seemed endless but somehow comforting like I would forever be happy, his tempting lips moving closer to mine, his perfect nose and his messy white blond hair.

"Well... If you're not, I can always help the healing process." He whispered kissing me gently. I was cozy in his bed, smelling so heavily of him. His touch; a comforting caress and his kisses transporting me to a realm of that forever happiness and I gave in.

I gave in to complete and utter happiness. I gave in to his touch and the deepest form he could give me. Because I trusted him and I was falling in love with him, knowing that my short fall would lead me to a pillow of clouds. Plus, I wasn't a virgin. What more did I really have to lose in letting him not only have sex with me, but make love to me? Now that was something new to me. Something special. Something Leon never gave me and never would the way Ace did.

The beautiful shades of purple, orange and pink cascading down on us through the sky lights, his kisses caressing me every so often up and down my neck and his hand touching my stomach lovingly. Amazing. The only word to describe how he loved me in every possible way, perfectly.

This was the way I wish I lost my virginity. In the arms of Ace Amarok. Someone my heart naturally trusted. But it wasn't near the way it happened.

 I was sixteen, my birthday in fact. Leon had been my boyfriend for a week after he dragged me out of the school halls to go to lunch without so much of an introduction of his name. I thought I was in love. I always thought that was the way it worked; you meet a guy and you're in love. Despite my 'experience' with guys, the concept of love still wasn't catching on. But he made me feel good. He wasn't my first kiss but he was the first I had kissed so much in 7 days. Leon would even tow me away from my friends to make out during school hours.

Risking both our reputation with the school board just to kiss me. Wasn't that love? Then he would sneak into my room in the middle of the night and wake me up. Just to kiss. Wasn't that love? I thought so. All through 7 days. On my sixteenth birthday, everyone expected him to take me out some where fancy. Even Helena who never did warm up to him. So I went out and bought an expensive, long silky dress tht swayed at my ankles in preparation when he told me he'd pick me up at 10.

"In the night?" Helena questioned in shock.

"Maybe he wants to dance until dawn?" I suggested.

Sneaking out was easy; he taught all kinds of different techniques. Handling the disappointment required an entirely new technique he didn't teach me until that day. I jumped into the passenger seat as he parked in my backyard. Instantly he leaned over and whispered in my ear. "You really didn't want to give me any easy access." Confused, I told him I didn't understand. "Well... How am I suppose to get to the starting point if even the journey there is covered up? I can't get you wet with this table cloth soaking you up."Appalled at his crude explanation I jerked away from him yet turned to stare into his gorgeous face although his grey eyes seem to swallow me whole. He moved closer to me. "Shhhh." He mumbled onto my lips.