Chapter 11: Claire

Alone ~11

Shawn Mendes

I entered the suite thinking about Claire. My mind and heart ached for hers as she told me the news of her mother being in the hospital. She also told me what happened to her dad. She would get calls from the doctor on an update of her mother. She wouldn't get too much into it as it only really upset her as she was telling me about it. She said she should call the doctor back. I did not push anything and respected her privacy as I had left her room this time.

Realizing she had lost her dad and to know her mother right now was under critical condition, it was hard to leave her in the state she was in especially after what she had told me. In a way I wanted to stay with her to make sure she wasn't left there alone. I couldn't imagine wanting to be alone either. Maybe I could talk to Cameron about it. I also wondered if Jack knew about this. If Jack knew about this, why was he not looking out for Claire as much and why wasn't he upset for what has happened to his aunt and uncle? It was like he didn't know about it.

Once I entered the living room, I saw Jacob in his sweatpants and t-shirt ready for bed. I would be doing the same, but I was thinking to wait a bit to see if Claire would want to get something for dinner later. He had a towel wrapped around his neck and he seemed ready to head back into the room pretty soon. He frowned slightly after he looked around.

"Where did Claire go?" He asked curiously. "I thought we'd all maybe go out and do something since everyone went out." I should definitely make sure later that she ate. I thought it was interesting he was going to go out in his sleepwear since he always liked to be a bit dressed up whenever we were going out.

"She said she was really exhausted from her flight and went back to her room," I answered moments later. I never liked the part of lying, but I wasn't sure who she wanted to tell and to know about the things going on in her life. I assumed it was private. I'm sure she was tired from her flight also.

"She could have slept over."

"Yeah... Maybe next time." Jacob and I walked into the living room where we both sat on the couch. Everyone hasn't returned from their trip.

"So how was it when you were with Claire?" The mention of her name made me smile slightly. She has made a really good impression on me already and also she seemed content being here with all of us. Most of us I should say. I wasn't sure what it was between her, Jack and G. I had this feeling something wasn't adding up, but I wasn't sure. I've just met her today.

"It was great really," I answered not as a complete lie, but we did like each other's company. I liked the effect Claire had on me. I wasn't sure how she felt.

"Is she your dream girl?" Jacob chuckled with a smirk. I rolled my eyes playfully trying to stop myself from letting myself show how much of an effect she had on me. I wonder if I had an effect on her. "Shawn, you have this look."

"What look is that?"

"You have nothing to worry about. I'm not going to tell anyone." Jacob chuckled and shook his head trying to hide his smirk. "You know I wouldn't tell a soul if you don't want me too."

"I'm crushing on her man. I don't know what it is about her," I smiled deciding to tell my closest friend here. I trusted Jacob with everything I talked about. We've somehow grown very close with music than from the rest of the guys from the group. Jacob nodded listening to me. "She already has an effect on me."

"Maybe it has to do with her being a musician herself?" I shrugged slightly. "Or the fact that she also sings? You've always said you want to find someone who loves singing as much as you do. Her voice is amazing and I knew you were in love with it the moment she started. I'm guessing you'd like to collab with her."