"Kick Me"

Sage was 8 months in with her twins, one boy an one girl. Everything was prepared for there arrival. As you know, with pregnancy comes pain. LOTS of pain. 

"Devin.." She says limping slowly into the living room. "OH DEVIN!" She says inhaling sharply. 
"What wrong? ARE THE BABY'S COMING!" He says frantically. 
"They keep kicking me..." She says weakly.
"Both of them?" He says recoiling imaging the pain.

"NO I HAVE A THIRD ONE IN HERE SURPRISE!" She yells sarcastically. They kick her again and she lets out a long groan. 
"Come on sit down Sage." He says sympathetically. 
"No I have to walk it off." She says determined. "Gotta walk OHHHHHHHHHH. Wow thanks for that." She says to her stomach. "Fine! I'm sitting." 

"Just try to relax. Maybe they'll calm down too." He says rubbing her stomach. 
"MaybOHHH NOOOO." She groans.
Devin begins to fuss at her stomach. "Listen here, quit kicking ya mama! She brought you here and she'll take you out!" The kicking stops. 
"They stopped? They stopped!" She exclaims excitedly.
"After 2 hours, finalOOOOOH SHIT!" She say leaning forward.
"Another tag team kick?" She says disappointed. 
"No...no no no no no. That was the girl. She's not even born yet and already petty." She grunts angrily.
"That's my girl!" Devin says proudly.
"Well get your girl!" She says slouching in the chair. 

After Devin washes his very pregnant wife, they go to the bedroom and watch tv. Sage between Devin's legs and rests her head on his chest, listening to the sounds of his breathing. He rubs her stomach while they unwind. 

"Devin, why are you always rubbing my stomach?" She asks confused. 
"I don't know, its just very rubable." He says kissing her cheek. 
"Rubable isn't a word." She says laughing. "Ow...still sore from thing one and thing two." 
Sage puts her hands on top of Devin's. For that moment, everything is right in the world. They forget about everyone else and all there problems and just think about themselves and there new family. Devin, Sage, Everly and Eugene. 

"Remember you have a doctors appointment tomorrow." Devin says.
"Well geez Devin, thanks for ruining the moment." She say sarcastically. 
"Sorry." He says clueless.

Da Next Day..... 

"Hello Sage Devin, have you been doing?" The doctor asks. "Fine other that just a few kicks....Really bad kicks." Sage says having flashbacks to yesterday. "That just means that they're healthy and ready to come out!" The doctor was enthusiastically. "Believe me, I'm ready for them to come out too." She says exhaling. "Now I was paying close attention to you when you walked in. You were leaning on Devin for support. I think its a good time to put you on bed rest.
"......Yes Ma'am!" Sage says reluctantly.
"Really? I thought you would be more defiant than that!" The doctor says revealed.
"Well you seem very healthy and so are your babies. You are dismissed!" The doctor says putting down her clipboard and leaving the room. 

"She really thought..." Sage says rolling her eyes.  "Sage no..." He say annoyed. "I'm not going on bed rest. You can't hold me captive like that." She say reaching her hands out for Devin to help her off of the examination table. 

"It's not holding you captive, it's doctors orders." He say helping her down. Her legs buckle under the weight of her upper body plus the 2 eight pound babies. He catches her and pulls her body up. "This is why you should be on bed rest!" He says loudly. 
"I'm not doing it! You can't kidnap me!" She says defiantly.   
"Haha...Kidnap, get it cause I'm pregnant." She laughs lowly. 

Devin takes her to the car and starts to drive home. "Wait we need to go to the grocery store." 
"Bed rest Sage." He says focused on the road.

"But I need food!!!" Sage complains. 
"Fine. We'll go to the grocery store."  Devin makes a U turn. 

"I gotta get one of those motor buggies." Sage reaches toward them. 

"Naw those are gross and I don't trust them." He says getting a normal buggie. 
"You're not gonna make me walk are you?" She says worried. 
Devin picks Sage up and puts her in the buggie. "Yay! This is way more fun than a motor buggie!" She ways excited. 

As they shop through the store they get a couple of endearing looks and see happy faces. Devin leaves Sage in the cereal isle and looks around the store.  She was relaxing and reading the cereal boxes until one ignorant guy comes along. 

"Why are you in a shopping cart?" He asks giving Sage a strange look.
"Can't walk." She says annoyed.

"You look like your a little kid. It's childish." He says rolling his eyes.
"Well I think I have the right to be childish since there are 2 children inside of me."
"Don't use that as an excuse, Just walk." He says clearly bothered.
"Why does this bother you so much?" She asks shocked. 
"Because your being lazy all because of a little extra weight." And with statement, Sage went ballistic. "Fuck you mean a little extra weight!! My feet are swollen, my legs DON'T even work anymore, my back feels like I got hit by a truck! And this is only the everyday shit! Do I need to continue to educate you on how fucking stupid you sound!" 

People in the isle start to stare at Sage. "Fuck you lookin at bitch!" She yells at a disapproving lady. The woman walks away quickly.
"Next time you wanna insult a 8 MONTHS pregnant you think about me." She says as the man runs away, she throw a box of fruity pebbles at him. "Try me bitch!!" 

Devin comes from the other isle to put the grocery in the cart and sees the frantic man running out of the isle. "That bitch in there is crazy!" the man says to Devin.
"Did you just call my wife a bitch?" He says getting closer to the man. 
"Oh that's your wife." The man says nervously.
"Yeah that's my wife." Devin says angrily.

"My apologies sir! Have a nice day." The man says running out of the store
"Punk ass..."Devin mumbles insults about the man. 

"Devin!!" Sage yells for the buggie.

"You say that man! Called you a bitch I was 'bout to beat his ass!" Devin says angrily.
"And he came in here and tried to give me a lecture about me acting childish. He says I was using my babies as excuses." Devin grunts with frustration then realizes something. "He ain't just called you a bitch, called the kids bitches too!" He says furiously. "That's not how it works Devin." Sage laughs.

"They inside you so he called all three of you bitches!!" He paces around the isle. "Devin stop pacing." She says trying to calm him down. "Why he give a fuck whether you in a buggie or prancing around like a god damn gazelle." He says continuing to pace. "Devin come here." She says seriously. He walks back to her looking worried.

"The mean man is gone." She says in a babying voice. "He can't hurt us anymore." She continues. "That actually made me feel better." He says exhaling. She gives him a sweet kiss on the lips and and Sage says demands to him in the voice of Optimums Prime "Autobots, Roll Out." 

"I'll get you a wheel chair." He says to Sage sprawled out in the back seat of the car. "Really?" She says taken aback. "If it'll make ya happy, I'll get cha a wheel chair." 

"Oh thank you Devin! I knew you'd understand!" She says cheerfully.  "Naw, I don't understand but I do love you. And the babies. I'll never leave you. I'll never abandon you. You know that."He says genuinely. "I know, your a very caring person. You put your heart into everything. Your already an amazing husband. Your gonna be a great dad. OOOOOWWWW" She finishes with a groan. 

"You know, this is a precious and sincere moment, but I don't think they know that." She says pointing at her stomach.

This is a random story idea that popped into my head to enjoy. Or not that's fine. It's no