Best Part

-I own no rights to this song. (Just felt necessary to put on here idk) 
-Short but sweet. 

Sage was having a really bad day. No other way to put it. It just plain out sucked.
One of her coworkers was given the job of finding the humidity outside. Instead of finding the humidity there, he thought it was funny to find the humidity in his mouth. But Sage and  her colleagues  didn't know this. They took the results anyways and basically ended up predicting the weather of his mouth. For the next 3 WEEKS! This earned Sage a nice talking to from her boss. 

"How could you have let this happen!" She says pacing behind her desk.
"I shouldn't have give this job to such and arrogant ninny such as yourself!"
"You are the head meteorologist of this weather broadcasting station, you should have triple checked every measurement taken." She said this upon some other unpleasant things. She basically cussed her out. 

"I am disappointed with you Mrs. Omnicoach." These were the words that hit home for Sage. 

Since it wasn't the fault of her colleagues, she allowed them to go home and did all of the calculations herself. She stayed for hours completing these. By time she was done doing making up for the messed up weeks and triple checking them, her hands were sore and she didn't want to see another number for a VERY long time. 
On her way out she caught a glimpse of the idiotic and childish coworker that caused all of this in the first place. She wanted to rip him up, piece by piece, limb by limb. But instead she just glared it him. 
You know that glare your mother gives you when you really fuck up? Like the glare where you can hear her saying "I brought you into this world and it was torture for me. Now, I'd like to return the favor." He got fired so we good. 

Sage was driving home at 2:00am that Wednesday night with tears in her eyes. She had been crying so much, she had a pounding headache She actually believed that this was all her fault. She had the radio on to the relaxing songs of The Big DM, Quite Storm. 
She swears, if she didn't have The Big DM to listen to everyday after work, she would go insane. When the song is over, she hears that familiar deep radio man voice take over. "Tonight is a special night! We have a heart felt request and a dedication." Requests weren't uncommon, but a dedication? That was weird.....
"Hey, I know your day has been hard and you probably feel horrible. I just want you to know, that you're the Best Part of my life and....I love you. This goes out to you Sage." Oh my gosh. Oh my...gosh. That's....it can't be....DEVIN? The song Best Part come on and Sage loses it. She pulls over so she doesn't risk and accident. 

"If life is a movie, then you're the best part." 

Oh my gosh I can't...(come on write the story and stop crying it's just a song lyric....) 
Sage started crying at the sentimental moment. Someone actually pulled over with her because, she is PULLED OVER on the SIDE OF THE ROAD at NIGHT, CRYING.
"Hey are you okay?" Says a sympathetic woman in the window.
"Yeah I'm fine, they're happy tears." She says smiling. 
"Good! I was worried for a second there deary. Have a nice night!" She says walking away. 

When she finally pulled herself together enough to drive, she got back on the road and drove the long ride back to her apartment complex. 
When she got in there she was determined to call Devin and thank him for the sweet thing but that wouldn't be necessary...

There he was. The love of her life. He man of her dreams. Stand there at admiring her. Smiling and gentle but nervous smile. And twiddling his thumbs. "What did I do to deserve this man?" Sage asks herself mentally.
"Devin..." She says weakly dropping her bags and running over to embrace him tightly. She buries her face in his strong chest and begins to cry again. 
"Look, I know that may have been a little cheesy and I know you've probably heard the song before and If you don't love me back that's fine I just....." Devin rambles on until Sage interrupts him with a kiss.  "I love you too!" She says her voice crackling with happiness. Devin looks into her eyes and sees how genuinely buoyant she is. 

He delicately plants kiss on her plump lips. When the there lips come into contact, there worlds are filled with euphoria and bliss. Devin hosts her of the ground and carries her bridal style while the continue the ardent kiss. He carries her into her bedroom and kicks the door closed. 

And the rest was history!