3. P x R: Human AU in College

P x R: Human AU in College

Monday

The first time she discovered Rose was on her first day of classes in college. After moving in a week ago, being a newcomer to Earthbound College, Pearl mostly adjusted to her new surroundings, including some people in the dorm and teachers who hung around. Convinced that she had become largely familiar with people of this college, Pearl confidently slung her pink backpack over her shoulders and marched out the doors of her dorm room.

"Hello, good morning!"

"Hi."

With having pleasant first few conversations in the morning, Pearl felt as though this would be a perfect day for her. And her instinction proved to be right when she met Rose in her first class of the day.

Pearl grabbed an americano on her way to class, which made her step into her classroom a little late. But the professor had not arrived yet, and the classroom was full of students already. She saw only one empty seat beside a pink-haired girl, who seemed unreasonably beautiful in her eyes. Pearl dreamily walked over to her, not even blinking an eye.

'Is this called—love at first sight?'

Pearl naively thought, when the girl turned toward her and looked directly at her, saying:

"Are you going to sit next to me? The professor's going to be here soon."

"Oh, yes, of course! What was I thinking! Haha...thank you so much."

She pulled up the chair next to her, sitting down abruptly. In her head stormed the thoughts of pink-haired girl considering her as a strange, awkward girl who could not even communicate words properly. What if she thought her as petty and dull and overly introverted and not sociable?

But that wasn't true. The girl continued to look at her with curious interest, asking questions.

"What is your name? Mine's Rose. It's very nice to meet you."

"Oh! My name is Pearl. Nice to meet you too."

Blushing, Pearl shook hands with Rose for the first time, feeling the warm temperature of her hands. She could feel the warmth and excitement coming through her soft hands, when the professor walked in and the student body quieted down.

After class, Pearl exchanged a short farewell with Rose before they parted ways. Afterwards she could only think of her. Impossible to think about anything else than Rose, Pearl felt very strange and excited about this new feeling that may be called a strong love.

'I'll ask Rose to give me her number next class.' She thought with the tiniest bit of courage that sprouted inside her.

Friday, the Fifth Day of Classes

"Hi, Rose!"

As soon as Pearl stepped into the classroom, she called out her name. She had now talked to Rose numerous times already; she even obtained her phone number, but hadn't called once yet. Pearl worried if Rose would look at her in a strange way, if she would think her as obsessive and overly interested in her, which was partly true. However, she did not want her to think that—even if it was entirely true.

"Hi, Pearl. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay, I guess. It's Friday! Aren't you excited?"

"Yes. Fridays are a great thing. You get to relax with your friends and rest your brain for once in college. Do you understand that feeling?"

"Yes, I know exactly what you mean." Eyes half-closed, Pearl spoke in a joking tone. Then they both erupted into casual laughter before professor walked in in a hurried manner.