Chapter 5 -Crushing

''W-What?'', John stuttered, as he felt his face getting more red by the seconds,''You heard me perfectly.'', Sherlock said. Sherlock smirked as he caught John blushing again, John on the other hand tried to hide it by looking down and raising his eyebrows, he heard Sherlock chuckle.

John's POV:

God why am I blushing so hard? What's going on?? Why did he call me that? Did he really think that? I looked at him in the eyes again, he was bloody smiling, he had to be messing with me, just to see my reaction. But I had to say something, ''Uhm.. uh.. thanks, I guess..'', wow Watson, that sucked. When our foods came, the waitress had slipped something next to Sherlock's plate,''Call me? [A/N Insert phonenumber because idc] xoxo... aaand a lipstick mark...'', that damn woman was trying to hit on Sherlock, suddenly I felt a wave of anger wash over me, I don't know why. Sherlock must've noticed because he said; ''Don't worry John, I have no interest in her, oor.... women in general..*ahem*'', then I froze, not that I had anything against Sherlock being gay, no, it was just so unusual for him to confess something like that. I caught myself staring at his eyes again, why? Oh why?

Sherlock's POV:

Oh no, I made everything weird again. I started to blush, I have no idea why. I looked down in an attempt to not let John see. He couldn't see, it would make things even more weird. He started to eat and I didn't want to start a fight so I tried to consume as much of my salad as I could, just for John, I know he's worried about me because I don't eat so often. I couldn't help but glance at John here and then. I think he noticed because he was staring at me again. I sighed and flopped my right arm on the table, while leaning my head on the other one, looking at my plate,''Hey, Sherlock?'', I looked up to show John that he had my attention,''You've already eaten more than you usually do, so, you don't have to eat anymore if you really can't.'',''Thank you John, but, I think I'll finish my meal for once.'' I said with a smile.

John's POV:

Wow, he actually felt like finishing his plate of food. I smiled back at him, I was proud of him. Oh he was so adorable when he smiled, I love his smile, I love his voice, god I loved everything about him... then a sudden relization came over me...

I loved him.

''I'm proud of you Sherly.'', it took me like two seconds to relize what I said, I covered my mouth with my hand and looked at him to see his reaction, his cheecks were turning red, wait, he was, blushing? The great Sherlock Holmes was.. blushing? ''Are you blushing?'' I asked,''N-No..'' he stuttered and looked down at his feet. ''You are blushing.'' I said with a smirk,''Wow, that's just adorable.'', he bent down even more when I said that, I found it amusing. I put my hand on top of his ever so slightly. He looked up, his face was red as a tomato.

Third person POV:

It was getting really late and dark outside. So the two men desited it was time to go home, they paid their orders, and left. Sherlock hailed a cab, still looking a bit red at his cheecks. During the ride home, John noticed that Sherlock had his hand resting not too far away from John's. He saw his opportunity and took his hand, intertwining their his fingers with Sherlock's, and guess what, Sherlock did the same. They didn't say anything during the ride.

When they got back to their flat, John desited to take a shower. He speedwalked to the bathroom, locking the door after him. He set the water running,''A nice hot shower will do me good'' the said to himself.

John's POV:

UGH! Sherlock was in my head again. Whatever, it can't be that bad... hmm... I wonder what he would look like naked, with the hot water running down his chest and his abs, and his perfect a-..... this is innapropriate, I shouldn't have these thoughts about my flatmate, but I couldn't push those thoughts away either, they kept coming back in my head. 'The relationship between us is platonic, just, platonic, we're friends', is what I thought to myself constantly, but still, there was something more...

- Later that evening -

The two men were sitting in their armchairs, drinking tea and chatting.

''Hey Sherlock?''

''Yes John?''

''Rememder that time when we... uh... kissed?''

''Oh John, why are you still bothering your head with that? It was just... in the heat of the moment..''

''What? So you think there's nothing else?''

''Yes John, there's nothing else, besides, you always claim that you aren't attracted to men.''

''So what? You are?''

Sherlock froze, then he got up and took his violin and started to play. He didn't answer, infact, they didn't speak the rest of the nigh as John went to his room to sleep, wondering...