Chapter 12

It took Mrs. Anderson a few seconds to process what I had just said. Aiden had taken a seat on the couch, and pulled me into another hug. Mrs. Anderson got up from her seat and walked over to me taking both of my hands in hers.

"Christina honey I am so sorry for your loss," she said trying to contain her emotions.

"Your mother was one of the kindest people I have ever met. She helped me get through my many stressful nights, she was always there for Jason, and she was like a mother to some of the house staff. Your mother was an incredible strong woman and she will never be forgotten, I just wanted you to know that."

Mrs. Anderson pulled me in for a hug, and I broke down. She rubbed soothing circles in my back as she waited for me to calm down. After fifteen minutes of water works, I finally calmed down. I pulled away and she brushed the last of my tears off my face.

"Don't worry honey we will get through this together. You're not alone. You have Jason, April, Aiden and me who will be by you every step of the way okay." I nodded my head and gave her one last hug before standing up.

"Before I leave Mrs. Anderson could you please keep this information to yourself? I would like to make a formal announcement tonight to the rest of the house staff."

"Sure, I'll see you later."

I grab Aiden's hand and walk him to the front door.

"You sure you're alright? Are you sure you don't need me to stay with you a little while?"

"Yes Aiden I'll be alright. You were a big help, thanks for everything."

"No problem. If you ever need to talk just remember I'm only a button away.

"Thanks," I say before standing on my toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"You're welcome, I'll see you later okay." I nod my head and he gives me one last hug before leaving out the door. I close the front door and April comes screaming full of excitement over the scene she had just witnessed.

"Oh my god, you guys are so cute together."

"Yeah thanks."

"Christina what's wrong, it seems Aiden really likes you."

"April please come with me."

I led April upstairs to my bedroom and closed the door.

"Christina what's going on, you're making me nervous."

"April I was going to tell everyone later on tonight, but I'm closer to you than anyone else in this house so I figured I should let you know first."

"What happened?"

"The main reason I didn't come home last night, was because my mother passed away." April froze and began to tear up.

"Christina I'm so sorry," she said as she gave me a hug. "Your mother was one of the kindest people I have ever met, and I will never forget her."

"Thanks," I say hugging her back.

"So where did you stay last night?"

"At Aiden's condo. He figured I wouldn't be in the right frame of mind to speak with anybody so he let me calm down for a bit."

"It seems like he was the perfect person to be around last night."

"Yeah he was very understanding, and he actually made me feel safe and comfortable."

"Well why don't you take a shower and relax up here. I'll send up your lunch and dinner later on."

"Thanks April."