Voice

Chilled hands clasped around stone. Not from internal temperature, but from the sheer loneliness.

The steam rising from the mug only seemed to alleviate momentarily.

Isolation is usually a good thing, however too much of such, causes a void.

A void, hard to pull out of- habits forging barriers forged of steel and iron.

She did not choose this way of living.

Forced upon her as it may, a bit too cruel to prolong such treatment.

It's not as if she asked to be born that way.

With those eyes.

So much like a walking legend, but outcasted as a monster.

Never hurt anyone however, fear has.

The spaces filled with such, caused a normally warm atmosphere, to morph into a cold desolate cage.

Maybe it's safer, in the cage.

But a small voice, disapproves.

Barely audible yet strangely undoubtedly present.

It lies buried inside.

Wanting to grow, to be raised in sun. The body wanting the opposite. Security in old habits, stability that lies within the cage.

The loneliness hurts, but the uncertainty of what awaits, is kept a bay.

If only, you had the courage you often wondered.

"I'm a coward."

The foreign low sound faded as if, that little whisper never existed and was replaced with something else.

"If you want someone to hear you speak louder."

Shards of stone scrapped along the flooring. And shaking hands, carefully tended to the pieces.

'....I didn't just hear that....but maybe someone stopped by....to harass me maybe?'

"....H-Hello..?"

With a shallow breath, you elevated your voice to just above a whisper. If they were from the city surely they meant you harm. Hiding your location within the house would be wise.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes. How could I not."