Mumbling

Soft breaths barely traveled through the dim stilled room.

The sofa taking all worries away as it worked dilligently to keep the girl asleep.

Soft uneven (H/C) tresses drapped partially over his thigh.

His hand resting on his fist as he glanced from her.

She was a sobbing messed the rest of the evening to this night. And though it did takes some time his patience was rewarded with a very belated and shy welcome.

Not at all what he expected however, given how...her living status has been described to him by her, her reaction was well reasoned.

Apparently, her parents had passed at some point before her recollection. And when her traits developed she faced neglect which grew to bullying then quickly escalated to her current...lifestyle.

Blinking, he mused over the darkened area of her living room. The room was void of any decoration or form of entertainment, only furnishings.

The kitchen as he recalled only had the necessities, hardly any food to be called enough to get by.

Though the most surpising, the only clothes she owned...was on her.

No jewelry, make-up, accessories-all closets were barren.

Turning his head slightly he gazed down at her as she mumbled slightly.

Evened fingers gently grazed through strands.

Uneven, half tamed, filled with split ends.

There was no need for him to ask her, he can tell by her hair.

She only bathed long enough to be considered clean.

And mostly to avoid giving away her position if anyone broke in or walked through her broken door.

Ah, the broken, abused, neglected piece of wood.

Red eyes narrowed in its direction as if suddenly offended.

Unreasonable, this entire mess was unreasonable.

Closing his eyes, he reached for her head and shifted quickly.

Her head now resting on the couch dug in further. Possibly looking for the heat that was no longer present.

Eventually, she curled an inaudible sound was released. She was ill content.

Sparing her no second glance he moved swiftly towards the broken appendage, looking it over he frowned and proceeded to walk passed it.

'The hour is far passed the mid of night, she will be fine until I return.'

She shivered and turned only to ball herself in even further. Shuffling her feet, balling herself more she tried just about everything to gain some warmth.

She continued this in her sleep like trance until she slowly stilled, falling back into a deep slumber.

The quietness flowing over as the night continued.

A few shuffling sounds followed by an array of noise that brought back to the brink of awareness.

And after what seemed to be forever the noise ended.

She squeezed her eyes, trying to lift the heavy curtains, but to set on rest to do so.

Not much was taken to change her mind, the feel of something soft covering her lulled her by to the comfort of sleep.

She shifted and it was not long before she was fully asleep.

Even the invasion of light could not bring her from sleep. Nor the absence of birds chirping.