♡chapter 5♡

DO YOU LIKE MY NEW COVER?

I think I'm going to keep it, because it took me a long time to find the picture and to make it!

So yeah, I'm gonna try to start posting Adria's OOTD on here too. But not until next chapter because I'm writing this on my phone.

OOTD- Outfit Of The Day

And btw, I'm now blocking the next people who say I never update.

Because guess what? There's a chapter down below! Suck it!

Also, I'm gonna try and update more often but I have to do a month of summer school.

*vomits everywhere*

Man this chapter had me fucked up.

So yeah, leave feedback about the new cover and stuff!:)

If you read this, give me a vote!

*****

"You so like him!" Mallory had yelled as soon as Bren had left.

He had to get back to Britt's before anyone else noticed.

"Ugh! Shut up!" I groaned, grabbing my phone from the couch and walking to my room.

I plugged my phone into the charger, watching the bar pop up.

My clothes were quickly thrown to the floor as I changed into sweatpants and a tank top.

The default ringtone of apples new update rang out, making me jump.

I raced over to my bedside. The only time I ever got calls where from Victorias Secret and my mom.

It was my mom this time.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Adria! Oh my god!" My mom hastily says.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I urged her to tell me. Something has happened. I can tell by her voice.

"Someone just broke into the house!"

"Mom! Calm down and tell me what happened." I said, shocked.

"I was in bed. It was around 1 am here when I heard it. It was a very loud smash, as if someone had broken the door open. It woke me up. I didn't move, I didn't want too either. But I called the police once I realized that the burglar was only breaking stuff. The cops came, and they were so close to catching the man. It was a man, that's all I know. I saw him from out the window as he escaped. He had the same build as your father." Her voice was frantic, as if she had almost had a breakdown.

"Mom, I'm going to fly down there now. I need to see the house."

I quickly packed some necessities and filled Mallory in on what happened.

Even in her sleepy state, she was still as shocked as I am.

"Do you think it was him?"

The tone in her voice automatically know she was referring to my dad.

"God I hope not."

*****

It was 9 am once I landed in the Omaha airport.

I took a taxi to as close as I could get to my moms house, and ran the rest of the way.

It wasn't very long, only 10 minutes.

'I need to get in shape' I panted, stopping for a breather.

I totally forgot that I had the highest chance of seeing Sammy here.

Well, I was reminded once I saw him standing outside with my mom and his mom.

That was defiantly an oh shit moment.

I ran my hand through my hair before walking up to them.

"Hi mom!" I smiled, dropping my bag for a hug.

As I pulled away, I could tell that she was exhausted.

"I'm sure you remember Lori Wilkinson, and her son Sammy?"

"Uh... Yeah I do. It's nice to see you again." I hugged Lori and Sammy.

I turned to my mom again. "So what exactly happened with the house?"

*****

We said our good byes to the Wilkinson's and made our way to the front door.

Well, what was left of it.

There was a lot of glass.

"Be careful." My mom warned me.

I nod and step into the foyer.

When you first came into the house, there was a dresser with a mirror above it. On the dresser, there were family pictures of me, my parents and a bunch of other relatives I couldn't remember the name of.

Now? Now the mirror was shamelessly on the ground. The pictures no longer stood, and the drawers must have been ripped out, probably to smash stuff with.

"Oh my god." I let the scene play in front of me.

Sometimes, I wish that we could just use our life like an MP3 player.

We could play the present.

We could pause the memories.

We could stop the pain.

And rewind the happiness.

Maybe it would have stopped my parents divorce. Maybe my dad never would have cheated.

Maybe I would still be with Matt.

But I know that could never happen.

Life is like the shuffle button. It's completely random. It makes the choices.

But it's up to you to decide if you want to continue using that button.

I didn't even realize that I shed a few tears, or that Sammy was somehow standing beside me, until he hugged me.

"Are you alright?" He whispered.

"I'm fine, just shocked." I smiled half heartedly at him.

We both went to see the rest of the damaged house.