IX

Lances POV

"Hey, Keith." I smiled, as he walked up to my locker.

The large wave of students shoving to get out of school on a Wednesday had already passed.

"Hi... So uh. You know how I have an older brother who you've never met, but I talk to him about you consistently- Wait I said that old loud..." Keith's face grew a dusty pink as he rambled.

"Shiro, right?" I chuckled, taking a book from my bag and putting it in my locker.

"Y-yeah... Well anyway, he wants to uh.. He wants to meet you." Keith stammered, staring down at his feet shuffling them.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah... So uh, I'm supposed to invite you over for dinner tomorrow night."

"That sounds great."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You're not scared to meet my brother?"

The thought clicked after he said that. Realization flooded over me like a cat trying to swim in a river. "N-no of course not. Why would I be scared?"

"Maybe because you're my boyfriend." He smiled.

"I don't remember asking you to be my boyfriend." I chuckled.

"I wasn't waiting for you to ask, its a label I gave myself."

"Really now?"

"Yep. Now, meet me at Coffee Culture at 5 tomorrow night?"

"Okay."

He kissed my cheek and began to walk around me to walk down the hall.

I grabbed his arm before he could walk away and spun him around to face me. I stepped forward and pecked his lips quickly. I pulled back from his face, and looked at him as his cheeks grew a darker pink.

I chuckled, and reached my hand up to tuck his hair behind his ear. I stepped back and turned to grab my backpack, zipping it up before slinging it over my shoulder. I shut my locker and locked it before turning back to where Keith was standing to still find him there, staring at his feet with pink cheeks.

"See you tomorrow, babe." I snickered, as I walked out of the school.

I walked toward the parking lot and got into Lanny's truck, Laurence thought it was time she got her own vehicle, so she got a dark blue truck. Lanny had been waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" She asked,  starting up the truck.

"Keith." I smiled.

Lanny groaned and shook her head,  "god you two are gross."

I chuckled.

/|\

Lanny and I walked into the house to see Lavender and Laurence both sitting at the kitchen table.

"Sit down." Lavender spoke.

Lanny and I exchanged a look, "it was his fault!" Lanny piped up.

"What?! I didn't do anything!" I replied.

"Neither of you did anything." Laurence chuckled.

I sighed and went to sit down in front of Laurence. Lanny sat down beside me. 

"I'm sure you both know what the day after tomorrow is..." Lavender sighed.

"Its the anniversary of when Mom, Dad, and Marco died." Laurence finished what Lavender was going to say. "We we're thinking that we could drive down to their graves."