Stolen moments

He watched you from the side lines, as you move gracefully to the music. Your arms wrapped around another man. His chest ached, as he took a sip of the cool whiskey, ice cubes clinking in the glass as the liquid burned going down. Lights lazily travel across the dance floor, he could see your smile even from all the way across the room.
The way your eyes lit up, you were beaming, and it wasn't fair. When you had asked him to accompany you to the reception of your best friends wedding, his best friends wedding, it had caught him off guard. He panicked, he didn't want to ruin what the two of you had.
The moments of the two of you just hanging around each other doing nothing but being yourselves, inside jokes, stolen glances. Cause what if it went wrong? What if you didn't actually feel the same we he had? Maybe you just asked him as a friend, maybe you hadn't?With you there was no telling, sometimes he could of sworn that there was possibility and then you'd call him an idiot.
He sighed heavily as the guy you danced with pulled you in tightly to his chest. God he was such an idiot for saying no, he had his chance, and now, he was watching as you, have the time of your life with someone else. Being spun around as the hem of your dress flaying out. Jesus, did you have to look like an angel?

You caught sight of him out the corner of your eye. His shoulders sagged as his eyes never left you, his pained face just watching you. You wished you could read him better, he was so hot and cold. There were times when you could swear that there was something between the two of you. Then he'd do something or say something stupid like saying you were almost like a little sister to him.
When you asked him to come with you, and he said no, you didn't let on how much it stung. That's why you brought a good friend with you, someone you could just trust to let you have a good time. Someone that there would never be something like you had with the man that watched you. And as much fun as it was to dance with your friend, your mind never strayed to far from the one you really wanted to be with.
When the song ended you excused yourself, walking up the man sulking at the bar. His eyes locked onto yours, gently you grabbed the empty glass from his hand. You placed it on the bar behind him, biting your lip you grabbed his hand. Neither of exchanging a word, fear of the unknown clutching at both of you.
You took a deep breath as you stepped back, pulling him from the seat. Effortlessly he let you lead him to the dance floor, you turned back to him. You raised your eyes to meet his, his brows knotted up in confusion, you could get lost in those eyes. A lost you never wanted to be found from.
You placed a hand on each of his broad shoulders, feeling his hand slide on to your waist. Pulling you against him, you smiled up to him, as the two of you started to sway to the slow song echoing over the speakers. Everything else in the room seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of you.
"Why did you say no?" You asked, finally bracing yourself to ask the question, dreading to hear the answer.
"I never should of, I wanted to say yes but what if this doesn't work? Then what? I loose the best thing in my life?" He responded, worry filled his face.
"But what if this works? What if this is what's supposed to be?" You questioned him back. Your pulse racing through your veins, wanting nothing more then this to never end.
"I don't want to go moment of my life without you." He told you closing his eyes, leaning his forehead against yours.
"Then don't. You'll never loose me, cause sweetman, I'm not going anywhere." You replied, he wrapped his arms tighter around your back, pulling you flush against his body. You lifted you head, tilting his with yours. Your lips connecting with his, hearts skipping in unison.