26 | real life

xxvi

xxvi. drunk sadness

Sebastian walked down the street, the cold December air wrapping itself around him. His boots hit the ground quietly, and he pulled his thick black jacket tighter around his body. His cheeks were flushed pink at the piercing temperature but Sebastian couldn't lie to himself about how much he loved New York in the winter. He thought it was beautiful during December, especially Christmas time. Which he promised he would not miss. Sebastian loved spending Christmas in New York with his family and friends.

Sebastian walked up the stairs to Nancy's apartment and rang her door.

"Hello?" Nancy asked.

"It's Sebastian" he mumbled, his lips starting to numb.

"Come in" She said, before the intercom buzzed and the door was open.

When Nancy heard the knock on her door, she pulled it open to reveal Sebastian. Sebastian's hair was dishevelled and his cheeks were pink.

"You look cold" Nancy chuckled.

"Warm me up" Sebastian teased, walking into her apartment.

Just as Sebastian thought Nancy's apartment was warm, and so the man shrugged off his coat.

"What brought you to my small cosy apartment?" Nancy asked, sitting on the counter.

"I wanted to hang out, I'm leaving soon" Sebastian said.

"How will I cope?" Nancy exaggerated.

"I have no clue" Sebastian laughed.

"Are you hungry?" Nancy asked.

"Mm, no. I'm thirsty, can I have a drink?" Sebastian asked.

Nancy jumped down from the counter and headed to her fridge. She pulled grabbed a bottle and smiled to herself.

"What about this to warm you up?" She asked, holding a bottle of tequila up.

"Damn, are we 21 again?" Sebastian laughed, as Nancy placed the bottle down.

"It's not even mine, it's Izzy's" Nancy said, walking over to the cupboards.

"You can't even hold your drink" Sebastian said.

"I so can, name one time I haven't" Nancy said, grabbing two shot glasses and placing them down on the table.

"Hmm, let me think. Prom night, your 21st birthday, spring break junior year, karaoke night for Izzy's birthday, ooo Christmas last ye-"

"Okay, Okay. I said one time" Nancy said.

"I'm always right" Sebastian said, filling the small glasses.

Sebastian picked up his glass, and threw the liquid down his throat. It burning down his dry throat. Nancy did the same, the liquid bitter on her tongue.

A few shots later and Sebastian was slightly tipsy. As for Nancy she was hammered. Usually when Nancy was drunk she was lively and loud, laughing at small things and dancing. However she wasn't and so Sebastian knew something was wrong.

"Everything alright?" Sebastian asked.

"Yeah" she mumbled.

"No, it's not. Tell me" Sebastian said.

"Everything is moving forward for you, but I'm still sort of lost" Nancy said, surprising Sebastian.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm singing in bars and struggling to pay my rent. I'm a failure" Nancy sighed.

"And you, Well you're you. You've get your whole life sorted. You've had these amazing roles, and your becoming well known. You have your dream and I don't have mine" Nancy said, her eyes glossy.

"And it's really hard because you come back and everything is different now. We're different people and I'm going to be no one, and soon you're going to leave me and not come back" she said, tears falling down her cheeks.

"I just want my life to my easy and not a mess. I want my dream, Sebastian" Nancy breathed out,

"Hey, Nancy. Don't cry" Sebastian said, quickly wiping her tears away.

"You're not a failure, you're amazing and you'll get your dream. I promise" Sebastian said softly, holding her hand.

"I'm going to go sleep, I don't feel great" Nancy said, letting go of his hand and standing up.

"Do you want me to stay?" Sebastian asked.

"No, you can go" she mumbled, walking into her unlit room and drowning in her bedsheets.

A/N; This book reached 2k reads!!
Thank you guys so much!
Oo this chapter was emotional. Opinions?