Archie and Cheryl #2

So I saw the finale. It wasn't as good as 2x21 but it was still a great episode. Anyway here's another Charchie.

Requested by lexibexie1456

"Oh no," Cheryl whispered as she pulled away from the redhead.
"What?" Archie asked, looking disappointed.
"Archie, I can't do this. I called you Jason this afternoon. I thought you were my brother, I can't shake the feeling I'm kissing my brother."
"Wait what? Cheryl were you and Jason ever, you know, a thing?"
"What? Why does everyone keep asking me that? No, Jason was my brother, he was my best friend, he was the only one who loved me and I loved him. But I would never date my brother!" Archie flopped back in his seat.
"Cheryl I don't get it. You say you like me and now you refuse to be with me? Because I remind you of your brother?" Cheryl sighed, angrily, at herself.
"Archie I'm exhausted. Can you just take me home and we'll talk about this tomorrow?" Archie nodded,
"Sure," He said under his breath."

Cheryl flopped on the couch and lay there in her misery. What was she thinking? She wanted to be with Archie more than anything, but she couldn't do it. She couldn't be "the other woman," she couldn't be her mother. She lay there and sobbed for almost an hour, before her mom came home, wearing a giant fur coat over some lingerie no doubt.
"By god, Cheryl, dear, what could you possibly be crying about now?"  Cheryl pulled her hands from her eyes and looked at her mother in anger.
"It doesn't matter, none of this matters. You don't matter, I don't matter, and Jason didn't matter. It was all some place I made up in my head. Goodbye mother, please be careful out there." Without another word Cheryl grabbed her coat and left through the front door, Penelope staring after her.

Archie heaved as he went down for another push up, "45," he breathed. He heard us phone ring, so he quickly rounded off at fifty and rushed to answer it. Cheryl's picture showed up so he clicked accept as soon as he saw.
"Cheryl?" He asked. Her side was very noisy, it sounded like wind or a highway in the background.
"Archie," she said, her voice muffled.
"Cheryl, where are you?"
"I'm by the river."
"Why? It's so late."
"I want to go to him, Archie."
"Go to who? Cheryl?"
"Jason, Archie. I can't stay here. I've done too much, I've been through too much."
"Cheryl what are you talking about?" Worry started to blossom in Archie's voice as he slowly started to realize what was happening.
"Goodbye Archie," Cheryl said, before the line cut out.
"Cheryl!!" Archie yelled into the phone. He grabbed his jacket and raced down the stairs.
"Archie what's wrong?" Fred called after him.
"Meet me at the river!!" He yelled as he closed the door behind him.

Cheryl took a last look at Archie's picture on her phone before tossing it into the rushing water.
"You have no idea what you mean to me." She leaped into the rushing tide of Sweetwater River. Her body went frozen and she forced her eyes open. She had to watch. She had to know what he went through. She screamed inaudibly as he skull collided with a rock. Her arm was wrapped in something, but it wasn't something, it was someone. Her tears mixed in with the current when she saw Jason grabbing her, pulling her under.
"No!" She screamed even though no one could hear her. She made a mistake she didn't want to die. She didn't want to die today. She didn't want to die. She felt something grab her other arm and start to pull her up. Her conscious started fade and the water turned red. The color of her hair. The color of blood. The color of a cherry blossom tree. Her lungs were drenched in water and she was tiring out. Before her eyes closed her head bobbed above the surface. She was terrified for a moment when she thought she saw Jason, but a wave of relief reassured her-it was Archie, and Fred.

Archie pulled Cheryl out of the water and pulled her in close. He felt her cough up water over his shoulder but he didn't care, she was safe, that was all that mattered.
"Archie," she sobbed.
"It's okay, it's okay," he whispered to her. Archie sat her on the tailgate of the pickup and wrapped her in a towel. Her makeup was smeared across her face, her mascara like a wave of tear drops down her cheeks. Her hair was knotted and slightly curly, but a bright vibrant red.
"Cheryl," asked, "you were doing so well, what happened?" She sniffled and looked up at him.
"I know I shouldn't be selfish but... I didn't have the one thing I needed most. You." Archie stared at her intensely.
"Cheryl your wrong, I'm yours, I'm all yours. Me and Veronica? I ended things with her on the way here. I will do anything you need me to, because that's what friends are for." Cheryl stared at him, about to burst with tears of joy. "But..." he continued, " was sort of hoping we can be more than friends." Cheryl looked at him, this time, as Archie, and not Jason. He was Archie, not Jason. He would never be Jason. And that was perfectly fine. Because she didn't need a Jason, she needed an Archie. She really burst into tears this time and leaned in for a hug, but she got one better, she got a kiss. Archie's soft lips touched hers and his warm hands coated her freezing face.
"I'm only one call away, Cheryl, if you need me, I'll be there."
"Because that's what friends are for," Cheryl finished the line. They held their faces close, touching, and Cheryl breathed in the night air.
"Can we go home now?" Fred asked from the truck. "It's getting cold." Cheryl and Archie both laughed, Archie picked up Cheryl from the tailgate.
"Yeah," He said, patting the old truck, "let's go home."

Awwwwwwwww. Pretty cute if I do say so myself. So what do you think of Charchie? Hope you liked this chapter, sorry that it took a while to come out and let me know if you want more. Happy reading!!!