CHAPTER 1

31st January 2018

Singto stared at an old picture, the already worn out edge showed how much he has look and hold it in his hand, caressing it as if the picture was alive.

It was a picture of three young boys, he's in the middle of them and his smile was so big it had to be hurt but at that time, nothing hurts as much as it does now. Instead, it was the happiest he had ever felt, with two of the most important person in his life whom he can't live without. With Krist, and Bank.

Bank.

His eyes swept over the picture to look at the boy to his right, the smallest of the three with a round spectacle perched on his small pointy nose, smile as big as his small face allowed him to. Singto's right hand was around his neck, drawing him closer while the boy's head rested on his shoulder. He looked so content and happy then. He looked happy.

Singto felt his eyes welled with tears again with the emotions, so he pressed his thumbs on his eyes to prevent the threatening tears to fall again for the countless time. He was tired to cry for something, someone, that was no longer here.

Slipping the picture back into his jacket, he sucked in the cold night air into his lung and threw his gaze across the river under the Rama 8 Bridge. He was leaning on the railings, and let the wind softly hit his face and tousled his slicked back hair. It made him calm, like it has so many times before. He let his gaze wandered to the water below him, before his phone buzzed to indicate a message just came in. He was just content to let the message be, but knowing who sent it, he sighed and fished out his phone out of his pants pocket.

Sure enough, it was from Krist.

P, where are you? It's about to rain tonight. You didn't bring umbrella with you when you went out so I was worried.

He read the message before he looked up to the dark night sky, the even darker clouds looming above him and the sky was starless indicating Bangkok might be showered with heavy and long rain tonight. Maybe until tomorrow morning. With that, Singto pulled his jacket tighter around his body, the sudden drop of temperature has finally caught up with him and walked away.

To home.

To Krist.

To his husband.

When he reached his apartment, it was already raining heavily outside. Luckily, he managed to get into the building before the sudden burst of rain hit him. He got onto the 17th floor and went straight to where his house was at the floor, house no 2026. He hit the password of the front door and the door went unlocked before he slipped inside. He expected Krist to already asleep but was shocked when he found the man sitting on the couch, comforter around his body and a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

And he looked worried, his big doe eyes locked on his face.

"P, I was starting to worry you didn't make it. Did the rain get you? Are you cold? Do you want me to make hot chocolate?" Krist bombarded him with questions, putting aside his mug on the coffee table and walked towards him in a haste, the comforter still hanging onto his frame.

Krist doesn't like cold.

Singto looked away, putting his shoes in the rack before Krist's hands touched his face to make sure he's alright and that he hadn't caught a fever. Krist's hands were warm and soft, and they felt good on his cold face. He pulled away from the touch eventually, and for a brief moment, he saw a flash of hurt on Krist's face.