|Shot 96| • The Best Of Me II • |Stenbrough|

Before you read this, I highly recommend you read this book by Anxious_Asexual and Anxiety_and_Stress :

There's only a few chapters up so far but trust me, it's really good. It's original and really good so far but doesn't have as many views as it deserves, so I highly recommend showing it and the authors some love, please don't let them go unnoticed ~Jae👑

° ° ° °

STAN'S POV

"Bill, Stan...It has returned to Derry"

I froze.

"No...no no we killed that thing, Mike. How could this happen?" Bill questioned in shock and disbelief.

The next few lines were inaudible to me as Mike explained everything to Bill. The only good thing to come out of fighting the clown was that It brought us Losers together.

Other than that...just the thought of It coming back...

"Stan?" Bill said gently as he kneeled in front me and grabbed my hand. "Stanny, are you alright?"

"No" I whispered.

"What's wrong?" he queried concerned, and searched my eyes.

"I can't do this again, Bill"

His eyes became quizzical.

"I can't fight that, that thing again, Bill. I can't. I have a family, I-"

"Stan, please" he pleaded. "I know you have a family, I know you have commitments, I understand that. I do. And it's killing me to let you go...but if I can't have you, then please, at least keep your promise to me"

I'm such a conflicted asshole.

"Bill" I placed a hand affectionately on his cheek. "I...I can't, Bill. I could barely fight that thing the first time. But now? I just can't Bill"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I ran inside and into my room. Bill followed suit and tried his best to console me. But that just made it worse.

I want more than anything to stay with Bill, even if it means fighting It again. But I can't, no matter how gentle and pleading Bill's gorgeous eyes are.